Philips FB 825 Speakers - Anyone have info?

2»

Comments

• altonbencooperaltonbencooper Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    bryanj wrote: »
    I just picked up a pair of Philips FB 825 Speakers. I can find very little information on them. Anyone heard these or have info on them?

Bryan, You still got those FB-825s??

I've got a pair myself, only needed to replace the surrounds as they had foam rot.
    These speakers are fantastic, I wouldn't be knocking them at all. Awesome for listening to music, 'Ruben Gonzalez' is my latest, Jazz piano sounds.
    The problem I have is finding a decent center speaker match for home theater setup. Currently I'm using a Polk CS20 center, but think there is probably something better to be found.

I've heard some very $$$ speakers that don't come close to my fb-825s
  • titan57nltitan57nl Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Its sad people know so little about one of the largest electronic companies in the world.

Philips invented the cd player alongside Sony, (their first player was called Philips CD-100 and many are still working today!)
    Many philips cd drives are still used in todays very expensive high end cd players from e.g. Spectral, Audio Research etc etc.

Marantz has been owned by Philips for a long time.

They have made nice active speakers, DSS-930 and DSS-940.

Even created their own digital tape deck, called DCC.

Their cd drives are famous all over the world CDM-1 CDM-9 PRO.

They are one of the leading companies in the world.

or8oba.jpg

Philips CD-100 also sold under the name Marantz and Grundig.

The Philps FB-825 were the largest model in the series, FB-815, FB-820, FB-821(ribbon tweeter) and FB-825(ribbon tweeter).
  • ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,628
    edited April 2014
    That was worth reviving an 8 year old thread. Give them a cookie....
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • terencengterenceng Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Realized that this is using the AD21601 RT 8 ribbon tweeter. Anyone know where i can get this? The one i have on my FB821 is blown

Thanks
  • VSAT88VSAT88 Posts: 538
    Lordy what an old thread ! I was just given a pair (basically) . The price was haul them off when I bought some other equipment. No matter what has been said I must re foam them as I will see what they sound like..I love a basket case..
  • VSAT88 wrote: »
    Lordy what an old thread ! I was just given a pair (basically) . The price was haul them off when I bought some other equipment. No matter what has been said I must re foam them as I will see what they sound like..I love a basket case..

How did you like them? I have a pair of FB-825 's and a pair of Fb-820's. I just received the foam surrounds to repair all of the speakers. I am looking forward to listening to them.
2»