We need more forums

Options
-justin-
-justin- Posts: 891
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Do you think we need more forums? Do you think that more will provoke more activity? I go to other forum sites and there are 20 different places you can go. I think that maybe people visiting don’t get involved because there are only 4 forums.

Any thoughts about adding more, or is it pointless?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I'm not sure we really need more forums, but here are some suggestions:

serious suggestion
    - media forum (music & movies)

not-so-serious suggestions
    - subwoofer hookup forum
    - SDA reinstatement forum
    - Micah's movie review forum
    - rip on PETERNG forum
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited September 2001
    Options
    now ya talking!!

scott:cool:
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    have like a HT forum, a 2ch stereo forum...something like that.

I still think that the people who want to participate, are going to irregardless.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Here are some suggestions:

1. Music only
    2. Movies only
    3. Electronics (amps, receivers, DVD players, etc...)
    4. Speaker setup
    5. Troublshooting speakers
    6. Speaker model recommendations
    7. SDA only

John
    No excuses!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Well, maybe 5. I actually like Aaron's concept of a "Micah's Movie Reviews". Which leads to....
    well maybe 6, "Anybody's Music Reviews".

The other 4 are all encompassing.

1. Opinions - Anybody's opinion on anything audio

2. Tech/Set-Up - How do I do this, or I have a problem and need help or suggestions.

3. Flea Market - Anything in home audio for sale.

4. Car Stereo - All car stereo. Why is it called car "stereo", if some folks have more than two channels? Or do the fronts and rears mimic each other? There's a sub in there also no? Car Theater? We need to free our mobile brothers from the bonds of tyranny. "Car Audio" I say! Vive le France! Damn the torpedoes...... One for all and... I regret that I have but one amp to give...
    I have not yet begun to drive... Don't fire til you see the whites of their walls.... Ich bin Volkswagoner.... That's one small coupe for man, and a giant custom van..... I have a dream vehicle... Ask NOT, what your wheels can do for you... So let them eat MOMO... Four wheels and ten laps ago...

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I really don't think we have enough contributing members to support more forum sections. Maybe we could handle one or two more, but I still don't think it's neccessary.

Aaron

P.S. George, you have too much free time to come up with that stuff!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2001
    Options
    The personal bs stuff should be seperate from the audio stuff.
    Maybe if we just add a misc. ramblings section, the opinion section would be audio-hardware only.

Then, a music/movie review section would be handy too.

And, of course, a classic-polk section would be nice.

Yes, more forum's are needed. Not more post's... but, better seperation so that I don't have to surf "ugh, I've got a hangover dude and the white-castles gave me serious gas". Know what I mean?
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2001
    Options
    We definitely need a Media Forum for Micah, the Media God. I'm 50/50 on a "Lounge" section to goof off in. Otherwise, I think we are okay.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Ya, we really need a few more forums.
    Hometheater
    DVD
    Music
    More specific forums would be the key. There are plenty of members on this forum. Alot of people don't reply because there are about a dozen or so guys who need to START DATING. Always talking about some personal BS and inside jokes. Who cares --grab a phone or try AOL. If you want a date go to the bar. There are alot of people who are passionate about audio and home theater on this forum. Hey, I got an idea --- let's talk and exchange info. about that. I know some people feel the same --can I get a ''O HELL YEAH" :D

Maybe an example may help: (DVD forum)
    I watched 'along came a spider' last night.
    ( a new movie on DVD )
    I really liked it, Morgan Freeman is a killer actor. He seems to always pull the movie off great. The corvette cgi was really fake though. The rain effects sounded very good on my fx500's. Fans of Seven and such should really enjoy it. LATER see it's easy.:D
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ....Come out and say it, what DOZEN need to start 'dating'?

First, I do think we need a couple more specific forums, seperating a sub and speaker forum would be a good start. I agree with the point on a dvd/ht forum also (vs 2ch music setups)....

Now, as far as personal BS and inside jokes, be a part of it, or don't read the friggin post. Most everyone here loves audio and either owns now or has owned Polk gear. You get a group of guys together, they start posting about audio, they get to know one another. Soon, a few actually meet, or exchange used gear, or have a cold beer together, or offer the low 'buddy price' to a fellow member in need on some killer gear. It becomes personal, like it or not, and I think it is great that you can actually find more than info, you might find a real person. That is cool. You'd be suprised how honest opinions (audio) really come out, when people know you, and know where you stand, what you like.

Don't be afraid to post, that's rediculous...free country brotha, post away. I'm interested to hear anyones opinion on anything.....even audio....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Very well put there RuSsMaN. If everyone, not just us regulars, would put their two cents in, this place might actually be worth something!

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d