Brother Gary

Options
George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I thought you might like to know, the first time I sewed on master(E-7) was 1989. The second time was 1996. The first time I sewed on tech (E-6), was 1984. The second time was 1994. The incident that led to THAT, led to my "cult status" at the base. Some guys just know how to live. I was also arrested once while pulling SAC alert. That was one week after Mt. Saint Helens blew its top (May '81). On THAT occasion, I managed to get the officer who was with me arrested too. He got arrested for not stopping me! My punishment for that one? HA! My commander, a full colonel, took off his hat and smacked me in the head with it. Then walked away laughing. I think he wanted to do more, but I was a great source of laughs for him. Plus, me and him had just recently spent three weeks on Guam. They gave him a staff car for the duration of that trip. When we weren't flying, he and I just cruised around the island for three weeks chasing skirts together. How good a guy was Col. Bump Hanley? As soon as we got to Guam, during the inbriefing, they told us the "Club Yo-Bo" downtown was off-limits. Bump immediately told me to pick him up with the staff car at six, so that we could get to the club by seven. I was a buck sergeant in rank at the time. It's been colorful, AND FUN, to say the least.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on