RTi70 speakers

Options
tjmmdennis
tjmmdennis Posts: 9
edited January 2003 in Troubleshooting
I just bought the RTi70 speakers for my mains. When I hooked them up I noticed my center sounds brighter them my mains. My center is CS245i.
Sould the center sound brighter? I thought the mains would out class my center.
reciever: Yamaha rx-v620
Mains : RTi70`s
Center : CSi40
Rears : FXi50`s
Sub : PSW 350
Post edited by tjmmdennis on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    the csi40 would make for a better center.The cs245i should be close,I'm not sure why it's brighter..the tweeter was just tweaked a bit from the 2 series......still it should match close......but if you notice it that much.....get the csi40..it's a perfect match
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • tjmmdennis
    edited December 2002
    Options
    There is a big difference. So much so I am wondering if there is something wrong with the rti70`s.
  • am_dragon
    am_dragon Posts: 4
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I have RTi70's and a CSi40. I noticed that the CSi40 was quite a bit louder than the 70's. I purchased Sound and Visions Home Audio set up disc. That helped get the levels closer but I still noticed the majority of the sound comes from the Center. I've done quite a bit of reading since and found that in most movies the Center channel is used far more than any other speaker. Music would give you a more accurate test of the speakers balance.
  • tjmmdennis
    edited January 2003
    Options
    I bought new speaker wire and biwired them and now i am getting much better sound out of the 70`s. So I guess I had bad wire. The wire I was using was really old.