Many Thanks

bsmith15
bsmith15 Posts: 23
edited May 2003 in 2 Channel Audio
Many thanks to all who post to this forum. I have been reading posts and reply's for several weeks looking for info on an upgrade to my 7 year old 2 ch system. The opinions and advice I found posted in several of the Polk forums was extremely helpful in deciding what equipment to demo. Below are the results after many demo's (and some returns where in home demo was only possible):

Polk RTi70's (bi-wired)
Polk PSW 303
Amp - Rotel RB-1080 (200w/ch)
Pre - Rotel RC-1070
Tuner - Rotel RT 1080 (yes I still enjoy FM)
CD - Denon CDM 370
DVD-A, SACD - Pioneer Elite DV-45A
MIT Terminator Interconnects

Having the Polk Forum as a resource is great! Again many thanks.
Post edited by bsmith15 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited November 2002
    2nd that Pic's man Pic's..........
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • bsmith15
    edited November 2002
    Thanks.....I will post some pic's shortly after holiday guests depart.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited December 2002
    dam good upgread, we know what you will be doing.
    wecome the the polk forum
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • gfk
    gfk Posts: 8
    edited December 2002
    I've never heard of Rotel. Where is the company from:confused: Have they been around long? Sounds like an awesome system:cool:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited December 2002
    Rotel makes nice stuff, check them out at www.rotel.com.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• bsmith15
    edited May 2003
    I never got to post the pictures of the 2 ch rig I promised. Mostly because this is now a full blown habit and I have been upgrading!

First I got a deal on a 3 month old bryston 4B-SST at 55% off list. Factory rating sheet had the unit at 342 wpc @ 8 oms and will most likely produce around 550 wpc @ 4 oms. Then the Rotel solid state pre just did not mate well with the Bryston (imo) so I upgraded to a Audio Research Sp16 tube pre. Next I heard the Rega Jupiter CD with a Bryston / Audio Research set up and upgraded to that CD. I have kept the Rotel Tuner. Hopefully attached are some pics.

Even with the 2 way Rti70's and no sub the system produces sound better than I expected. Female vocals are great and I have no lack of base. At some point I will upgrade speakers to 3 way and utilize the 70's in a HT set up. But the way this system produces music I am in no hurry.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited May 2003
    The hair on the back of my neck just stood on end when I saw the AR pre in your lineup. Nice STUFF!

Good job
    HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited May 2003
    Yes nice system, hell of a start. :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bsmith15
    edited May 2003
    Sorry....screwed up pic's. Have added to System Showcase.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited May 2003
    bs15,

You made good on your promise. A little better lighting, a little "photshop" touch up and you're there.

Nice clean rig (and room)... glad you're enjoying this stop on your audio journey.

But gotta see that Bryston, too. Go outside and take pix through the window if you have to... :)
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD