Any r40 speaker owners/sellers?

masterchief19
masterchief19 Posts: 4
edited November 2002 in Speakers
Hey everyone, I am looking to upgrade to r40s. What do you think of these? Also, if you or anyone you know is selling these speakers or ones close to them, let me know please, im interested!! Waht are some polks similar to these? Thanks a lot!!
Post edited by masterchief19 on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited November 2002
    I had some R40's for several months. They are excelent speakers for their price range.

What do you have now that you are upgrading from?

I don't know that many places have the R40's anymore since they have been replaced by the R50's. Most any circuit city or Fry's will have the R50's. The 50's have larger drivers and a little better frequency response, so you might want to seriously look into them or even some of the RTi line. Good luck and let us know what you get!
  • masterchief19
    edited November 2002
    I have some r30s. Is there a huge sound difference between the rti and the r series?
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited November 2002
    Masterchief,

I'm going to say that there probably wouldn't be a tremendous amount of difference....

A Navy guy, eh?

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • phuz
    edited November 2002
    Not a tremendous difference, but I believe the RTi's use different drivers and tweeters. Go and listen to the RTi towers that are in the same class as the R50's (two drivers, one tweet). One big difference that you will notice is the bass. The RTi line has the power port.
  • masterchief19
    edited November 2002
    Troy and others, I ordered the r40s tonight. I am looking to get a new sub now. Any suggestions? Although my brother is in the navy, the masterchief part is from xbox's HALO, one of the best games I have ever played!
  • phuz
    edited November 2002
    The PSW-350 will go well with the R40's, and most places are clearing them out since Polk is coming out with new subs. You should be able to find one for $199 or $249 easily. It's a decent step up from the psw-250 that I had with my R40's, and it's got an LFE jack which the psw-250 does not. Hope this helps.