Wide Screen Desision!

Options
EPrado
EPrado Posts: 10
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Hi Friends,

I'm in the market for a wide screen TV. HDTV, indeed! Now, I have no clue where to look or what is better as in brand name. I know about progressive scan and some other things.

I want this TV to become part of my Yamaha RXV 3000, Polk RM7500 w/ CS245i for the rear center and the PSW650. Please, if you may be so kind to tell me where to look and what is the most reasonable way to go. I cann't buy the best but in the middle of the road will be fine.

Thanks for you support!:)
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I would look at Mitsubishi and Toshiba. They both make excellent sets, have better than average customer support, and give you the most bang for your buck. Take a look at www.audioreview.com and under the Television category click on 'more'. Then click on HDTV/Digital TV's. Click on 'M' to look at some reviews on the Mitsubishi models and 'T' for the Toshiba's. Go for the biggest screen you can afford. Hope this helps.
  • vanmyster
    vanmyster Posts: 3
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I just recently have been upgrading to HDTV as well. I had a Mitsubishi WS55809 for about two weeks but returned it due to a series red push on the set. What ever I tried, I could not get the colors to look natural with the set. I thin tried a Hitachi 53UWX10B, Hitachi is not as well know as the Mit's, but colors are more natural with the set, much better remote, better sound, just an all around better HDTV than the Mitsubishi in my opinion.
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Forgot to mention in my previous post, try to locate the April issue of Sound & Vision magazine. Your local library may have it. They did an article "How To Buy An HDTV." If you can't find a copy let me know, I can try to e-mail you the article if I can get my scanner working right. If not give me your address, I'll send it to you snail mail.
    GZ
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited September 2001
    Options