opinion wanted...

mjk91383
mjk91383 Posts: 298
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
I just purchased the RM-7500 set without a sub (got the PSW450 on thursday for my b-day). Anyhow, I was planning on getting the RM-6600 because they were a few hundred dollars cheaper than the 7500's. I was at my local CircuitCity yesterday, and just happened to take a test drive with the 7500's. The sales guy told me that they only had one set of them left (I guess because they're getting in the 7600's), and they were at a store 20 miles away. I asked him about the price, and to my surprise, they were only $550! I immediately told him to order them for me, and I picked them up late last night. The only question that I still have is whether or not I would be better off with the 7600's. They told me that the 7600's would be $1,050, and when compared to the $550 offer that I got with the 7500's, it seemed like a no brainer. Does anyone think that I got a good deal?... Should I have waited for the 7600's and forked out the extra $500?... and lastly, should I upgrade to the PSW650 from the PSW450? I'm a first time speaker buyer, so basically any feedback I can get on this will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• EPrado
    EPrado Posts: 10
    edited September 2001
    Hi MJ,

I purchased the 7500 w/ the 650 not even a month ago. My opinion is that you did very well. I think there is no need to buy the 7600 since they are relatively similar. Used the saving to upgrade to the 650. It's a must have with the 7500.

I paid for my speaker set about $1100 from Crutchfield taking a $250 off from Polk. "rebate" that was available at the time. Have fun hooking them up. Make sure yu read the Polk way sudgested for instalation. You do NOT need a sudwoofer cable. Install the main speakers R&L thru your sub. By the way, what is your a/v receiver?

Good Luck!:cool:
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited September 2001
    hey, thanks for the advice. i'm currently using a harman/kardon AVR210. i've thought about going for something with a little more power, but the 210 is enough for now.