Problem with f/x500

dthomps
dthomps Posts: 352
edited November 2002 in Troubleshooting
Hello-
I am having problems with a f/x500 that my son knocked off a wall, and then it fell to the floor. I dont want to replace the entire unit, because it still emits sound from the two tweeters, but the driver dosent seem to function. has anyone had a similar experience, or any advice? I opened the speaker, and it was all intact. thanks for any advice. cheers.
Post edited by dthomps on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2002
    With a *light and centered* touch, does the midbass driver 'move' at all? I've seen some Polk speakers go through an intense impact, and the copper wound voice-coil move enough off center to stick like glue to the magnet.

If it does move easily, pull it out, and check all internal connections. Worst case, you order a new mid-bass from Polk, assuming the network itself is not damaged.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2002
    I would agree with Russ's assesment, It sounds like a frozen voice coil.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited October 2002
    Hello,
    No problem, accidents happen. Telephone me at 1-800-377-7655 extension 891, or you can email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and I can get the replcement driver directly to you. It's easy to exchange.
    Regards, Ken Swauger
  • jdavy
    jdavy Posts: 380
    edited November 2002
    Hey let's all thank Ken and the guys at polk. They know customer service. Why whould anybody who knows polk buy anything else?