Yet another P/S DVD player question

VE6OHVVE6OHV Posts: 119
edited November 2002 in Electronics
I found a Samsung P241 progressive scan player for $110.00us. All I can find is the usual propoganda on the factory website. Anyone have any experience with Samsung? For the money is seems like a great deal, SVCD, MP3, 525p(480p). It seems decent...

http://www.samsung.ca

What do you guys think?
Post edited by VE6OHV on

Comments

• gidrahgidrah Posts: 3,028
    edited October 2002
    Time-out error so I couldn't access the link. My buddy has a Samsung that he really likes. He said he did his homework and is fairly knowledgeable, just low on $$$.

He's had it for a couple of years with no complaints.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • mishima8mishima8 Posts: 3
    edited November 2002
    Own a Samsun 27" TV and corresponding VCR. We have had them for over 5 years now and (knock on wood) have never had a single problem. So, in my experience they have been good for me. Hope this helps./
  • shackshack Posts: 11,572
    edited November 2002
    Samsung makes some of the best optical readers and disc drives around. I have upgraded my CD-RW drive and DVD drive in my PC to Samsung . I also have a Samsung monitor. All of it is excellent gear and it performs flawlessly. Since the consumer DVD player is similar technology I would assume it should be good also.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jmasterjjmasterj Posts: 327
    edited November 2002
    Samsung
    SyncMaster 955DF
    computer monitor 19" of pure delight
    Eyes giong bad, so bigger is better.
    Works fine ...
    JmasterJ Polk to the Death