Our humble little site

Options
mjmcg
mjmcg Posts: 102
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Hey guys....been a while since I've even logged on to the forums, took a little vaca from things audio for a while. Had to do some mental rehab. (don't get excited, it didn't work, I'm still the same, sorry)
Anyways, I just wanted to plug our little "sister" site which is in no way, shape form or manner associated with, affiliated with, endorsed by or authorized by Polk Audio (but it would be nice!) It deals primarily with the older classic Polk lines, focusing mainly on the SDA series speakers. We have spent exhaustive hours researching, compiling, coordinating, verifying and posting as much information and as many pix of the SDA's and some monitor series speakers as we could. This was done not only out of our strong liking for these products and a need to have as much knowlege when purchasing or sellg them, but out of the great resale market demand and availability of these particular lines, we felt it a service to those seeking them to have the proper information to successfully buy or sell them with minimal compatibilty issues or troubles which can be a problem for some if they don't know all the in's and outs of those models' traits.
The site is actually the second incarnation of itself, as some of you may recall the first site met with a premature death thanks to EXCITE.com---who's masterminds wiped out all clubs and their contents (Thanks again you morons!) So up we went over at Yahoo!clubs. So far , so good. Been up about 10 months, with 66 members and almost 40,000 site visits! That's about 133 hits per day. Not bad for a site like that.
We have just held our first online contest, which ends tonight 9/14 at 1200am, (winner yet to be disclosed) in which we will give away a brand new 1.5m Hosa S-video cable with gold connections vaued at a whopping $5! Hey, who else would do that, huh..huh?
If anyone is interested, there are a few things to be considered, first, we do not allow the use of the site for a selling grounds. Second, we encourage those who either own and use older Polk speakers (i.e. SDA's, Monitors, RTA's) to join AND contribute pics of your Polk based HT's or HS's, however, if you have a genuine interest in things audio AND will be a contributing member (which means you will post an album of your systems and post to the forum regularly) then you are encouraged to come join.
The site is: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/mikespolkpage2
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments