problems with RT55i and RT25i

Options
SVTwant2B7
SVTwant2B7 Posts: 2
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Has anyone experienced problems with the drivers on the RT25i? Or the tweeters on the RT55i? One of the tweeters on the 55i has somehow melted???? Beats the hell out of me. And right away one of the drivers on one of my RT25i started making weird vibrating noises.

Josh

Harman Kardon AVR310 w/ matching HK DVD 5 DVD changer
Polk CS400i
Polk RT55i
Polk RT25i
and soon to be Polk PSW450!!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Please describe that one in a little more detail.

Regarding the vibrating noises, is there any chance they were damaged in transit? (long story)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ....melted? WTF man?

R
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited September 2001
    Options
    it seems like all you guys who are having problems with speakers not working right are using recievers. try putting some "real" power in them not distorted reciever power and see how that works.

scott:cool:
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I've never had a problem with my 55s and my NAD receiver. Give a call to Ken or Lauren in customer service if you need parts or replacements or have some damage. We want to know about it, and we can help!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited September 2001
    Options
    sorry to hear about your tweeter problems. I haven't had any problems with my tweeters so far......i just purchased the same model receiver hk avr310 about two weeks ago and they're powering my rt800i,rt35,cs400i.....i hope there's a good reason why this may have happend.....i sure don't want this to happen to my speakers!
    dc.
  • SVTwant2B7
    SVTwant2B7 Posts: 2
    edited September 2001
    Options
    As far as transit goes, all of my speakers came beautifully packaged. None of them were damaged. I check them every day so I know they were not damaged in transit. The melted tweeter is just as big of a mystery to me as it is to you. I do remember having a fuse blow in the room when I was playing some music but I didn't even think to check the speakers. So I don't know. The driver on the RT25i...cosmetically it looks fine but if you sit near it while listening to music or watching a DVD you hear the vibrating noise. When I touch it lightly the noise stops. My guess is it's blown and hey - that happens. So if I really feel the need I guess I will just have to suck it up and buy a new driver and tweeter dome. Oh well. I'll call customer service when I get a chance. By the way, I LOVE my H/K 310! :)

Josh
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited September 2001
    Options
    So you mean the dome of the tweeter appears to have melted?

The reason I asked about damage from shipping is I received a pair of RT800i towers that were damaged in transit, and on one driver on one of the speakers, the magnet structure had been knocked loose from the basket. It was still attached, but loose. The speaker had other, more severe, damage and was not at all useable, but had it been useable, I imagine the misalignment of the motor structure on that driver would have caused quite a racket.

Were you listening at high volume when these problems happened?
  • SPEAKER7
    SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Josh,

abit of the topic.....ever thought about the hk avr510.....? it sure ran across my mind but too bad it's out of my price range! however, i'm happy with the avr310....!

dc.