Big Screen TV info needed

hoosier21
hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Well all my equipment has not been sold YET ( come on guys) so I am not ready to buy the big screen just yet, but thought I would ask for you guys help, opinions, experience, what ever.

I am looking at the Sony KP53V90. Is there any good bad info on this set yet? Good or Bad info on Sony's in general?

Thanks in advance.

Russ
Dodd - Battery Preamp
Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
Outlaw ICBM - crossover
Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Russ, great talking to you today!

The KP53V90 is not a widescreen TV. IMO, don't buy 4:3, especially if you're a DVD-ophile or watch movies a large percentage of your TV-time. Go 16:9.

Widescreen is the future. That's my 2c.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited September 2001
    I agree widescreen is the future, but this will be in the FAMILY ROOM and used daily for 95% general TV viewing, and not to mention the 53V90 is more in my budget.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited September 2001
    becuz the human eye's natural angle of view is the same way the wide screen look, and becuz more than 95 % of the DVD available
    out there are in WS format . Pls don't waste ur moola to buy the 4:3 TV now and then u have to spend more moola to upgrade it later... In two or more years most TV broadcasts will be in HD format...so save ur moola and buy and HDTV/WS instead... and if u consider Sony brand, buy the XBR series (make sure the model has the provision for progressive scan component video inputs), anything less u may not happy later on...aniwaitz, it's onlee a suggestion...
    :)