Bi wire

Options
2»

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I guess they both are. I just prefer the extra set of connectors. Even if both sets are hooked to the same terminal and one set is spades and the other banana.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2002
    Options
    CockaDooodleDooooooo!

Sopranos are almost on BTW.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Listen up guys,
    premade biwire cable are a 4 conductor inside one jacket.At the amp end both pairs are terminated to one.The other end is all 4 conductors open.This is a true bi wire cable......all manufactors use this type.Some use thicker guage for the lows and most use the same size conductors for all 4.

There is no splitting .......thats a neive statement.You need to look further into wire.
    You guys like to talk alot about wire and more then half of you don't believe it to do anything........so for those who don't believe........just let the wire thing go........everyone else who has some wire experience and feels otherwise......lets continue with it.

I have had 4 different bi wire setups.....all sounded different.All was made my Monstercable.
    1)the old 12 guage pink xp wire....2 runs to my rt1000p's for a trail run....it sounded much better then just one run with the jumpers in.
    2)Monstercable MCX Bi wire cables with banana ends....this cable sounded smoother and more alive.The bulk wire had a punch but was loose sounding in compare.Sloppy if you will.
    3)Monstercable M1.4s premade bi wires....this wire is awesome.Interchangeable ends,and what a soundstage.Punch was controlled and real deep.The tweeter seemed like it just blended in with the rest of the speaker.The best sounding cable I had ever put in my system.
    4)Monstercable bulk 14-4 custom cable..I made custom lengths for my front array for matching theater across the front.I felt I lost some clean detail from switching from the M1.4s.....but I wanted equal length and perfect front soundstage for theater.No M1.4s biwire centerchannel wire was available back then.
    I got the M1.4s bi wires back in the system since I got the Lsi 15's......they are Liv4fams now as I sold them to him awhile back.But he's not using them so I am untill I move and order Transparent for the front 3 Lsi's.

Transparent made the M1.4s sound like the old 12 guage wire I used to own......I couldn't believe the difference there wire makes.The open air and super clean musical sound is breat taking......all from a god damn wire.....

But here's the kicker.....you need to hear this for yourself.I never paid to much attention in wire untill bi wiring came into my life.I always just bought the Monstewr 12 guage for all my speakers due to alot of my friends used to use it and said it sounded really good.I thought it sounded much better then the Radioshack 16-2 I used to use and Lamp cord.

Just for kicker's...I tried Liberity 16-2 and 16-4 for sound quality compared to all the Monstercables I owned.Man that cable sounded like ****.......really I thought I ruined my systems sound completly.The xp white and pink 16 guage also sounded better then the liberity custom inwall cable.We got all that wire out and now only use Monster custom install wire.......not bad wire.....sounds like xp wire...not great but not awefull.For the money it's cheap wire and gets the job done for outdoors and inwalls on the cheap.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Gidrah, you changed your sig, SHAME on you, that was GOLD JERRY, GOLD!!!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2002
    Options
    It might be making a comeback.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    I think it needs to, between me, you, and the other interested parties.....

Geez, can you even read through that mess? Instant tired-head.... Mouth keeps moving, but nothing comes out.....

Dan, we cleared up the bi-wire cable contruction topic - too little too late. As far as your '4 bi-wire setups', well, I'm glad you found one you liked, even though none of them were actually bi-wired to the 1000's.... Amazing stuff....

Cheers,
    Rooster

PS: 'Yeah, but you won't listen' - Mark
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Whatever!!!!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.