psw 350

Options
adutt
adutt Posts: 3
Hi guys - I have a NAD c340 amp and just bought a psw 350 sub. I'm not sure which wiring is best - routing all the speakers through the sub or wiring the speakers and sub directly into the amp.

I have a pre out on my amp but wiring the sub directly to the pre out doesn't seem to work for me - I'm using a single RCA from the sub to one of the pre outs.

Any suggestions and/or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

For your reference, system is as follows
nad c340 amp
b&w cm2 speakers
350 sub
arcam dv88 cd player
Post edited by adutt on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    Options
    If the LFE thing isn't working out for you, just a though but go through and make sure that that the sub is set you 'yes' or 'on' if you aren't getting any sound.

If it's all hooked up correctly and so forth and still not happy, try running your L an R speakers to the sub and then from the sub to the L/R speakers and set the mains or fronts to 'large' and sub to 'off' or 'no' and adjust the crossover on the sub to your taste.

Experimentation is the key here, cochese. Let us know how it works out.

BDT (Big Dumb Troy)
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • adutt
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Troy, thanks for the reply. I tried wiring as you suggested - when I ran the RCA from the LFE on the sub to the amp, I had to take out one of the links that was in the pre out socket - as soon as I took this link out, no sound. And the amp was trying to route the sound through the sub. So i just ran both speakers through the sub, which works fine, but I wonder if I am optimizing the sound.
    Thanks again
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    You have a NAD Stereo amp, there is no LFE option, you must run the left/right main speaker wires to your sub, then out to your mains.

The links (jumpers) you removed, were for the pre out/main in, to use this amp as a pre-amp only with another external amp.

Cheers,
    Rooster

Ps, nice rig.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    Options
    well, there you go, serves me right for not being more observant. Yes, very nice rig...

BDT (empahsize the Dumb part)
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    BDT, you aint no pro, it's all well and good, we all know you have music in your sole.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • adutt
    edited September 2002
    Options
    That settles it; problem solved. Thanks to you both.