PSW 350 problem

Options
Oskarom
Oskarom Posts: 9
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
hi i am having a problem with my polkauido PSW350 the probelom is that at when i plug the power cord to the sub (the amp is not connected) i get a loud noice (not from the bass speaker) are are from the powersuply :confused: do anyone have anidea what i can do, do i need to change the powersuply are return it back to my dealer, but if i return it i can´t get another one only PSW450 are PSW250 and the only sub are want is the PSW350 (PSW450 are to expesive and the PSW250 to small) :confused::confused:
Best Regards
Oskar Omarsson.-
My HT
Post edited by Oskarom on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hello Oskar,
    Welcome to the Forum. As I understand your problem, there is a sound that comes from the amplifier section of your PSW350, correct? This noise does not come from the 10" woofer, but from the back of the speaker where the connections are made, correct? By chance, are you living outside of the United States? If so, could you please tell me what the AC voltage is and the line frequency? If it is more convenient, you may email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and I'm sure i can help.
    Best regards, Ken Swauger
  • Oskarom
    Oskarom Posts: 9
    edited September 2001
    Options
    The AC voltage is 220V and the line frequency is 50hz

btw, this is the best Customer Service are i have ever see

with kind
    Oskar Omarsson
    Best Regards
    Oskar Omarsson.-
    My HT
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Hello Oskar,
    Thank you for the additional information. I believe you are hearing transformer lamination noise coming from the laminations of the AC power transformer. Certain combinations of operating voltages and line frequencies cause a buzzing sound to come from the amplifier input plate. This is very rare, but can be easily solved. There is a modified version of the export amplifier which I can send to either your dealer or to you directly. It is easy to exchange the amplifier. It might be easiest if you contact me at the above email address and I can make the necessary arrangements.
    Best regards, Ken