LSi15 vs. RTi150 for movies and rock music

bigsexy1
bigsexy1 Posts: 557
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Well, how about it? Opinions please, as both are very similarly priced. I haven't yet heard either one, but I'd almost be willing to bet that the RTi150 would be the better choice for movies and hard rock/heavy metal. Any others care to weigh in? Especially any of you have already heard them both by chance?
Post edited by bigsexy1 on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited September 2002
    Lsi 15's vs the rest of the rt line Id say hell no...........the lsi15's do everything very well.

I'm seeing a trend around here with a great intrest in the Lsi but limited demoing.Get out there and do some demo's and report back bud............
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited September 2002
    You are getting at the superior slam (bass SPL) capabilities of the RTi150 for rock and HT as compared to the LSi15.

This advantage over the LSi15 will not be realized unless you are going to use the RTi150 for a dedicated 2 channel set-up, or in a HT application without a separate powered sub. Both of these applications would require a very powerful, high-current amp.

If your system for HT and music has a separate sub to handle the low bass chores, I see no reason to purchase the RTi150 over the LSi15, since in any other respect besides bass slam, the LSi would be the superior choice.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited September 2002
    I can't demo them, bud, as there are no LSi dealers within an hour of me, and I'm not going to drive that far just to hear a speaker.