did I blow my 35i?

eaadamseaadams Posts: 213
edited September 2002 in Speakers
So I was setting up my DirecTV dish and aming it. I turned to the aiming on the DirecTIVO and heard the tone. I turned the sound on the onkyo 797 to reference level so I could hear it outside. I heard a crackle crackle and a thump from the sub. No sound. I came back inside and saw that the reciever had turned off. I turned it back on. crackle crackle thump and off again. Now the front left seems to not be working well. I can hear stuff but not much. I dont think the woofer is working.

What do I do if I did blow it? I got em less than a year from circut city so mabie I'll just return them and upgrade to the RTi38. Can I do that? I was hoping to wait for the replacement to the 55i any word on those? Not gona happen? What about polk could they fix em?

Evan Adams
Sacramento, CA
Post edited by eaadams on

Comments

• gidrahgidrah Posts: 3,028
    edited September 2002
    Try hooking them up to your rear channels. It may also be your receiver.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • eaadamseaadams Posts: 213
    edited September 2002
    It is only my front left. I switched the left to right and same problem

Evan Adams
    Sacramento, CA
  • phuzphuz Posts: 2,413
    edited September 2002
    Contact Polk customer service and see what they can do. Worst case scenario a new driver/sub would not cost that much to replace.

I'm not sure about the circuit city thing, I don't know if you can trade in speakers with a blown driver for an upgrade. ;)