SDA II problem

Options
turboquattro
turboquattro Posts: 4
edited September 2002 in Troubleshooting
Hello,
I have had some 10B's for many yeas being driven by Hafler's. I recently got the bug to get some decent stereo imaging (10B's are great at bass, but imaging isn't their specialty).
I got a set of SDA II's off Ebay. It seems that the right speaker cabinet is not working properly. Sound comes out of all of the drivers, but it's the same sound, meaning it doesn't have a stereo difference. Seems to be all right channel sound.
The left speaker cabinet seems to work fine. The right drivers (stereo drivers in the left cabinet) play the left channel sound and the left most driver (SDA) and tweet play the right channel sound.
Furthermore if I turn the balance all the way left, I get sound from the left cabinet stereo speakers (SDA's drivers are quiet), but no sound at all from the right cabinet.
If I turn the balance all the way right, I get sound from the left cabinet SDA driver and tweet and I get sound from the right cabinet stereo drivers.

Any idea what is going on?
Is that how they are supposed to work?
Oh, they are connected to an inexpenive HK AVR20 reciever.

Thanks much,
Wolff

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Hello,
    Thanks for participating in the Forum. There is a general purpose SDA check out sheet that I can send you. There are two parts, the first only requires a few listening tests. The second requires a simple Volt/Ohm meter to make some DC resistance measurements. For what you describe I can't determine what could be the cause, however, the check out sheet is the first place to begin. You may telephone me at 1-800-377-7655 extension 891 or email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com and I can get it to you.
    Regards, Ken Swauger