Polk's Clock Fast?

Options
BobMcG
BobMcG Posts: 1,585
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Polk can't be using the same Atomic Clock that I am. I'm on E.S.T. and I use an Atomic Clock to keep my time and I'm aprox. eleven minutes behind them...
Go figure.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ....I think they have the server clock hooked up to a Bose wave alarm clock or something. According to the Bose engineers it may look like a crappy time but in gives but once you use it you won't believe your Atomic Clock anymore.
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    'it may look like a crappy time but in gives but once you use it '

What? Check out the 'edit' button there Troy...

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    .....sorry man, I was trying to do 2 things at once. Always a dangerous proposition for me.

Troy
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    post # 50 was the charm......

pretty spiffy, eh?

Troy
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Man, NICE JOB eh, have a draft on me.

Cheers,
    Russ

(a few more non-sensical posts, im there)
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I think I will have a Boddington's....smashing idea!
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Yeah, I think the clock might be fast. It actually is looking on the server for the time, which is located in Texas, which looks for the time somewhere else.

I guess all that lookin' takes time -- so to adjust, they just make it extra fast. Besides, I can say "Hey look, time to leave" a little earlier. :p

~JB
  • BobMcG
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I just knew there would be a method to your maddness.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Bob I'm hearing you loud and clear babe. I got a Junghans Mega (Atomic) in the HT room, and a LaCrosse Technology on my atomic wrist. I am definitely NOT accustomed to working within such loose tolerances, being a precision sort of person and all.

These ultra-coolman timepieces are reset daily to within one billionth of a second accuracy. They are reset by radio transmission, making them in fact, radio-controlled watches and clocks.

That's enough of that, I dwelled about 3.8 minutes too long on that one.

"I won't take up any more of your time in this world, I'll meet you in the next one. Don't be late!"
    Hendrix (VooDoo Child)

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • BobMcG
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Hey George, cool time tools for sure!

I'm glad to see you're here!
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I bet those texan's are using a potatoe clock like from that one show with that one side-kick guy.

I wasn't picking on texans, that's where he said the clock was from. If I WERE picking on texans I would point out it probably is those rednecks just trying to the fastest and biggest all the time, no pun intended.