What are these worth?

Options
2»

Comments

• NicciAdonai
    NicciAdonai Posts: 5
    edited May 2007
    Options
    LOL Ugh... didn't someone say the flaming would stop soon? How soon? Did you mean, like, before Microsoft becomes the next world power? 'Cause I thought you meant really soon, like, before I sold my latest and greatest modernized vintage speakers on eBay.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Yes but then they got flamed. Not funny.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NicciAdonai
    NicciAdonai Posts: 5
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Irony man. That's what I was going for. I realize they got flamed. That's been established beyond dispute.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited May 2007
    Options
    For what it's worth, your mom pulled out the dust caps perfectly. A small piece of tape or a vacuum cleaner and a steady hand to break the flow of air is the best way to revive them (short of giving the speaker a little mouth to mouth if you're so inclined). Since the dust caps on monitor 10's are cloth, tape was probably the best way to pull them.
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited May 2007
    Options
    He was just letting all the pressure out guys come on ...............
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited May 2007
    Options
    Seriously...we'll stop polking fun and the hole thing will...be forgotten...well, not forgotten, but laid to rest.
    You get props for taking the abuse.

-Luc

LOL Ugh... didn't someone say the flaming would stop soon? How soon? Did you mean, like, before Microsoft becomes the next world power? 'Cause I thought you meant really soon, like, before I sold my latest and greatest modernized vintage speakers on eBay.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,258
    edited May 2007
    Options
    NicciAdonai really does deserve some kudos for being willing to face the music, so to speak.

Or would it be more correct to say, "Deface" the music ? :)

Seriously, pretty cool.
    Sal Palooza
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited May 2007
    Options
    If I bid and don't win could I still make the trip just to get my pic made with these legendary speakers?:cool:

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,652
    edited May 2007
    Options
    I would not buy something with 2 - 3" holes in it.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • NicciAdonai
    Options
    I don't know if there's anyone still around who remembers this, but I am married now with 3 kids and I still show this to friends and laugh about my 15 minutes of internet fame. Funny stuff. I've kept it bookmarked all these years.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,027
    Options
    I am -- disoriented -- by the arc of this thread...

;)

Maybe trepanation would help me (apropos of this thread) :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maybe have the surgeon install a power port to reduce turbulence?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,553
    Options
    I don't know if there's anyone still around who remembers this, but I am married now with 3 kids and I still show this to friends and laugh about my 15 minutes of internet fame. Funny stuff. I've kept it bookmarked all these years.

Life must be dull you're back for the next 12min of fame :p

Strap on your asbestos shorts I'll see if I can't ramp up the guys, although some have been banned I'm sure our new recruits will step up to the plate.
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,683
    Options
    The interwebs have given you reprieve. No pics, therefore no offence.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    Yeah,
    Funny stuff, congrats on your life and welcome back
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    What? He let out all of the fluid coupling. If you have some NOS fluid coupling and a cork, you should be good to go.

Can be found right next to the black paint...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson