infinity rs 2b's for sale

tom t
tom t Posts: 543
edited March 2011 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
hello, i have a pair of infinity 2b's for sale at this time. speakers are in mint cond with bass eq, box's and owners manual. these speakers require bi-amping and sound beautiful. i will not ship but would help interested buyers with delivery. if you are withen 100 miles or so, would assist with delivery. if you want to come and listen,great. pictures of the speakers are in the vintage speaker area under -- picked up sda-srs speakers-- $1,200 if i bring them to you, $1,100 if you come and get them. remember- i will not ship. thank you tom t bushkill,pa next to ny,nj border
Post edited by tom t on

Comments

• JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited May 2007
    these are an awesome deal and this is a bump for a good guy
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    thanks,jimbrick
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    here are the pictures of the infinity rs2b speakers.
  • TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited May 2007
    I havent heard these speakers in years.. A very impressive speaker for sure.. Excellent price as well..
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    thank you, tenn outlaw, now if only someone in the tri-state area would be interested in them. ive had them for 17 years and still haverent heard much better sound out there. a classic indeed.
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited May 2007
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    this needs a bump
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    the best i can do is $1,000 for the pair. if you haverent heard these speakers, look out. the sound is incredible. silky smooth midrange and upper end, tight,solid bass, that you can adjust to the room. if you are in the tri-state area there is no better for a grand. if they do not sell i will keep them. this is pick-up price. if i have to bring them to you, $1,100.
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    thanks jim, too bad you had to pass on them. if things change,let me know soon
  • JimBRICK
    edited May 2007
    yeah man just too far away, if I hadn't jsut got the house and the baby. I'd have just jumped in the van and went down on my 2 days off
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    i hear you. but you sound like a guy that would enjoy them. of,corse the speakers will sound great on anything, but if you play led-zepplen full tilt for hours they probably wont like it. more of a jazz,clasical, kind of speaker. my wife is a head-banger and they played their fair share of rock.
  • tom t
    edited May 2007
    ok boy's, i know we all love polk speakers on this site. but there are other speakers in this world that sound good. if anybody out there is thinking of spending $1,000 for a pair of speakers in the next month,you owe it to yourself to come and listen to my rs2b's. im more then sure you will like them apon hearing. i will even move my helping with the delivery to 250 miles from zip code 18324. i really dont want to sell them, but the deal was if i buy another pair of speakers these would have to go. they are sitting in the dining room still and if they dont move soon they will go to their box's. ( yes,i have the box's for them still after 20 years). $1,000 pair or $1,100 if i bring to you. a hint to how they sound--after listening to the sda-srs i picked up for a month, i still say they sound better!!!. im just being stubborn and keeping the polks because they DO SOUND GOOD, and after lugging the 185 lps up the stairs im not moving them again. overall sound though,are neck and neck. polks will probably go alittle louder,infin's smoother and more bass. thank you again, tom t
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    if anybody in the tri-state area would really be interested in them,$900 if you come and get them. box's and manual included.
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    if not sold in a week, they go into their box's and stored in a cool dry place till needed again. thanks
  • JimBRICK
    edited June 2007
    I cant believe nobody is interested in these bad boys
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    i guess if they are not polk speakers they dont rate
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    www.audiogon.com may be a source of a couple Infinity fans. $6 for a 30 day ad.

I remember that EMIT-R(?) series tweeter sounding pretty accurate with a forward but pretty smooth midrange. It was a nice break from traditional designs around that time....80's? The poly woofers are tight on the low end and its neat to see baskets every now and then.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    tom t wrote: »
    i guess if they are not polk speakers they dont rate

Nawww...that's not it. I'd love them, but don't have the scratch. I think you'll find that's true with most of us, and the WAF is low as well.

I second the Audiogon suggestion. You'll reach a much larger crowd and more likely not as geographically challenged as alot of us are to you.
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    thanks for the suggestions guys.
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    i was trying to stay away from audiogon and e-bay because of the shipping factor. the speakers are big,and even though i have the box's for them how do you ship them. too big for ups,fed-ex. would have to go truck fright,ccx,yellow, and would have to be picked up at a terminal. and the cost. thats why i was offering to deliver withen 200 miles or so. not only would someone be getting a nice speaker for the money,but also not getting damaged in shipping. if someone is interested in them i would be willing to take half payment now and the rest when you have it. i would trust you if interested in these fine speakers. sitting in the dining room is no place for these speakers. thanks again
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2007
    I just spent the last half hour reading up on these, they sound like an impressive speaker. Too bad I'd need a new receiver/amp to drive these bad boys. Best of luck with your sale.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    you will need two amps to drive them. thanks face
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    You have the option of no shipping on Audiogon and it's $6.....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    the latest news is that ups would ship the speakers in their 100 weight class.
    it would be about $300 to ship to ca. that would be just about the highest fee with $1000 insurance. would be slightly less closer to the east coast. if anyone is interested and you want to chance ups,thats the best i can do. if you are withen 300-400 miles of me i would drive and meet you,no problem. im really going out of my way here to sell a nice pair of speakers to someone who would enjoy them so let me know how i can make it happen. thanks again tom t
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    last pictures guys, speakers are boxed and ready to ship if need be. factory double boxed so should survive shipping. u.p.s will ship with their 100 weight class. it appears the speakers can be driven with one amp. you will need jumpers to connect high and low inputs,speakers did not come with them. two amps would be better,though. i used two amps totaling 675 watts into 4ohms and speakers sucked it all up and wanted more. sound is wonderfull.
    last offer $ 900 + shipping, $ 800 if you come and pick them up.
    this is it!! i will keep the speakers if they do not sell.
    my zip is 18324
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    www.audiogon.com $6 for a 30 day ad.

Ding!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I just spent the last half hour reading up on these, they sound like an impressive speaker. Too bad I'd need a new receiver/amp to drive these bad boys. Best of luck with your sale.

Where did you find the info on these? I can't seem to really locate anything.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • tom t
    edited June 2007
    russman,i know about audiogon. just hoping to avoid listing them there. was hoping for a local sale. o -well