DB6750 - Hard to find!

Options
Screamin
Screamin Posts: 2
edited June 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
All my fave Internet retailers (Sonicelectronix, cardomain, etc) are sold out of the DB6750! I'm certainly not as "up to date" as most around here...is Polk releasing a 6751, or is there something else afoot? Thanks.
Post edited by Screamin on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The new db651 is the replacement. It has over- sized mounting holes, with adaptor rings to step down to "traditional" 6" holes.
  • Screamin
    Screamin Posts: 2
    edited April 2007
    Options
    Thom wrote: »
    The new db651 is the replacement. It has over- sized mounting holes, with adaptor rings to step down to "traditional" 6" holes.
    Thank Thom, I expected something like this when I read the update on the 2007 db line. Is there a way to purchase these adapter rings to use with a 650-series speaker?
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited April 2007
    Options
    I would imagine the Polkies can get you a couple for a modest cost...

But, if they can't, you can take some 1/2" MDF (fiberboard... or even you want even plywood or any wood) and shave the heck out of it unit it fits.

I did it with a set of Crystal 6.5's (6.75), and it worked out allright. I just wish I used some better wood... the crappy plywood I had splintered up terribly.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2007
    Options
    The adaptor that comes with the 651 wouldn't work if you're trying to make the old 650 fit where a 675 should. The outer holes on the adaptor rings are small so a screw will "bite" and the inner holes are larger for a screw to pass through.
  • BigKahuna
    BigKahuna Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Screamin wrote: »
    All my fave Internet retailers (Sonicelectronix, cardomain, etc) are sold out of the DB6750! I'm certainly not as "up to date" as most around here...is Polk releasing a 6751, or is there something else afoot? Thanks.

I am looking for (2) DB6750. Let me know if you or anyone wants to sell them. Thanks! E-mail.