dealer had the lsi biwired wrong?

plem
plem Posts: 30
edited August 2002 in Speakers
I noticed the dealer had the jumpers removed from the Lsi15's and set it up so that one set of speaker wires connected to only one pair of terminals and had a second pair of speaker wires feed
into that first pair of wires by way of piggy back. Can't remember if there was one amp or two if it matters.
Before even knowing this setup, I thought the sound lacked clarity and all I seemed to hear were "mids". Certainly I thought it would beat my rt800i's?!
Did the dealer have this set up properly?
Service wasn't that great as I got the feeling that if you weren't buying today then don't expect much help. :mad: Anyway that's
a different topic.
Post edited by plem on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited August 2002
    Man,
    Ok how to bi wire a speaker you can research in here there tons of pages on that topic.

Simply put is one set of wire going to the top binding post and another set going to the bottom post runing back to the same amp.This can be achived by 2 2 conductor wires equal length, 1 4 conductor wire/pre made bi wire cables.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • plem
    plem Posts: 30
    edited August 2002
    Thanks Mantis, I understand there are pages upon pages on biwiring/biamping in the search files and I have a general idea on how to run this.

Though what do you think about this dealers method ? I only ask as hearing the first demo of the Lsi15's was disappointing!
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited August 2002
    Though what do you think about this dealers method ?
    Completely wrong. Since you said you only heard mids, the wire was connected to the high terminals. Without a connection to the low terminals you're not going to get any bass. Anyone that's selling LSi's shouldn't be that stupid.

Aaron
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited August 2002
    No,
    the lsi 15's are wired as follows.
    Tweeter on the top post and all the rest of the drivers on the bottom post.
    The woofer doesn't have it's own binding post,just the tweeter does.

If the speaker wasn't hooked up correctly, you can't make a judgement on the way they sound.Id ask to get the jumpers back in at least and hear them go that way.It least you'll beable to hear the entire speaker...........JUST another chapter in how bad the Polk dealer are........I hope they can get there lines back in the Audiophile, mom and pop stores.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.