Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited January 2019
    Ya, I think these came out in '2012?
    Post edited by audioluvr on
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • ambiophonics
    ambiophonics Posts: 715
    edited January 2019
    2 Channel - Polk SDA-2BTL, Carver TFM-35, Peachtree iDAC, Qobuz streamed via Episode Lynk using bubble UPnP server
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Are those older Tektons I wonder? I thought the ones Skip had boasted much more tweeters.

Skip has a different model, the Double Impacts. The Pendragons are no slouch either. Set by me for sale at 1100.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    They look the part, I could just never personally have white speakers
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited January 2019

Hear ya on that. I had a chance to listen to the Double impacts at Lonestar last year in Doug's room. Gotta say....your not giving up a whole lot to the 8-10k speakers I heard there. You walk away thinking....that's a lot of coin back in my pocket. They aren't the cutest kid on the block with the standard box design, but the sound makes up for it.

As a side note, Josh at JWM speakers had some very good sounding larger bookies that I thought were top notch. Not to mention gorgeous too because he does all the woodworking himself. Great guy also to chat with or just tip a few with.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Are those older Tektons I wonder? I thought the ones Skip had boasted much more tweeters.
    These guys have an endless product lineup with several different tweet configs. So many it will make you dizzy! https://www.tektondesign.com/

sample3_1_orig.jpg

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • audioluvr

Not concerned about that. A repaint is easy for me. My concern is I'm VERY happy with the size, looks and performance of my modded SDA 1C's. Not sure if I'm willing to pursue other routes. Think my next audio move will be dabbling with power cables and a new CD transport.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited January 2019
    Last night I watched football, ate dinner and perused club Polk and Craig's list many times. I then get pie and ice cream and go to the living room to enjoy it.

I stayed out there for quite a while ( 2 hours I guess ) and then get back on the PC.

What do I see on Craigs list? A pair of those Infinity RS4bs for 40.00. :o He said and the pictures showed it also that the woofers needed re-foaming. No problem. I looked at when the ad was listed....2 hours ago. :o:s Right when I left this PC.! :o

I could only email to the ad. no phone #. So I emailed saying I'd buy them this morn. asap if it was ok with them. I then took a shower.
    This picture is from the web. Not the ad.
    i2f6n93zyxxa.png

I come back to the PC in 15 min. and couldn't find the ad for those speakers. :# I then remembered my email to them. It always has a link to the ads. I pull up the email, click the original posting link....it's been removed by the seller. :s

OK...maybe since I said I'd buy them they took it down...

I didn't get a email reply or call yet. :'(

Another set gets away. But I have no room for them...but the price was ridiculously low. 10.00 lower than the set my old friend got instead of me months ago. :D It would've been fun re-foaming them and bringing such a fine speaker set back to life. ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    edited January 2019
    They're definitely worth 200.00 every day if they're re-foamed and all speakers work.

There's set of RS4bs 80 miles from me in Raleigh NC. for 150.00. They've been for sale for a while too. I asked for a discount since I would have to travel so far and they said NO. :s I see they're still for sale... :)

Looks like the bases are missing but no biggie.

I think their sound is on the warm side and the highs soft but detailed as can be. Easy on the ears I would say. But I heard the RS4bs with an old Fisher integrated. That probably had a lot to do with the warm sound.

But man do the RS4bs sound really nicely balanced and right. Great sound field!

They were expensive when new for sure.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    These babies rarely come up for sale. Minty Adcom GFP-750! 9 hundie. Not sure if that's a deal.
    pw48itj9va5c.png
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adcom-GFP-750-Preamplifier/401678496854?epid=66744744&hash=item5d85e77456:g:q6UAAOSwuNNcLiLR:rk:7:pf:0
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    verb wrote: »
    These babies rarely come up for sale. Minty Adcom GFP-750! 9 hundie. Not sure if that's a deal.
    pw48itj9va5c.png
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adcom-GFP-750-Preamplifier/401678496854?epid=66744744&hash=item5d85e77456:g:q6UAAOSwuNNcLiLR:rk:7:pf:0

pretty sure that is no deal. So many pictures yet none of the board....
  • verb
    Yep. Especially when IIRC, there were only 13 hundie when new (~1999). And, like you said, where's the blue board? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Nhpenn
    Nhpenn Posts: 56
    SRT left, right, center plus the controller, and extra sub tower for 2500 obo

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/baltimore-polk-audio-srt-speakers/6789566499.html
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    How are Adcoms preamps? I stayed away since I heard a couple of their Pre models were a bit harsh when paired up with Adcom amps.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    The GFP-750 is a pretty solid pre.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Nhpenn wrote: »
    SRT left, right, center plus the controller, and extra sub tower for 2500 obo

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/baltimore-polk-audio-srt-speakers/6789566499.html

If it's the same seller I think it is, he's a flipper and minor cosmetic damage = trashed, especially for the asking price. Buyer beware.
  • verb
    Carver A-500x. $290.00 OBO. Looks to be in great shape.
    6mxhtjhskx27.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/canton-carver-500x/6790670703.html
  • Tony M
    verb wrote: »
    Carver A-500x. $290.00 OBO. Looks to be in great shape.
    6mxhtjhskx27.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/canton-carver-500x/6790670703.html

I think I'd offer 250 and bring it home if the forum here says its a great amp.

I would think it is!!!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    One of the 500X on ebay for the same price.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited January 2019
    It’s a good amp..... but due for a recap... soooo.... price accordingly
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    Not sure if this is a good deal, but it looks interesting, and clean. 75 bones. :smile:
    oz78vb0c1u6e.png
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/grosse-pointe-tube-checker-electronic/6786434980.html
  • audioluvr
    Tony M wrote: »
    I think I'd offer 250 and bring it home if the forum here says its a great amp...

That'd be like trying to get Congress to vote unanimously on the wall.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    edited January 2019
    Nice deal for some Snell speakers and a Velodyne sub plus stands and cables spotted on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Surround-Sound-Speaker-Set-Snell-Velodyne-Speakers-excellent-condition/273577888469 - $420

s-l1600.jpg
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Get them Drew!
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Clipdat wrote: »
    @mlistens03 Interesting looking Mission 20th anniversary bookshelf speakers: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/d/oakland-mission-bookshelf-speakersth/6786121848.html - $180

00z0z_18FhDZkhT7a_1200x900.jpg

00606_cCWpbWM1UbU_1200x900.jpg

Woah, those look super sweet. And now, thanks to you, the circle of endless audio jealousy continues. ;)
    In all seriousness, grab them, and run, don't walk... :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Get them Drew!

No component purchases under $3k. New Rule.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    Tony M wrote: »
    They're definitely worth 200.00 every day if they're re-foamed and all speakers work.

There's set of RS4bs 80 miles from me in Raleigh NC. for 150.00. They've been for sale for a while too. I asked for a discount since I would have to travel so far and they said NO. :s I see they're still for sale... :)

Looks like the bases are missing but no biggie.

I think their sound is on the warm side and the highs soft but detailed as can be. Easy on the ears I would say. But I heard the RS4bs with an old Fisher integrated. That probably had a lot to do with the warm sound.

But man do the RS4bs sound really nicely balanced and right. Great sound field!

They were expensive when new for sure.
    I would say so. I have a pair of RS3a, and they are not warm IMO. Actually, the EMIT planar tweeters can sound bright and harsh if not matched with a good high-current amp. But when they ARE matched well...oh so nice.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon