Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Options

Comments

• krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    That’s a good price. Grills probably aren’t available from Polk as Polk doesn’t even carry the drivers anymore. You could run them naked and clean lots or if the plastic is salvageable you could recover them.

The kids aren't out of the house, so running naked around the house is out of the question. At least that's what my wife says.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    That’s a good price. Grills probably aren’t available from Polk as Polk doesn’t even carry the drivers anymore. You could run them naked and clean lots or if the plastic is salvageable you could recover them.

The kids aren't out of the house, so running naked around the house is out of the question. At least that's what my wife says.

He means no grills. Unless you’re joking, in which case, LOL.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Options
    Ah I see. That's why I don't have kids. I can stroll around music up, wang out, whenever I please.

The glue on some of my Lsi had let go but it's easy enough to stretch the original fabric back over the plastic. I used rubber cement to glue things back down. Mostly the surrounds had this problem and since they're hanging on the wall, they didn't need to be perfect anyway.
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    Options
    Got to see the extent of the grill damage to assess if a little rubber cement will do the trick. Hopefully they don't have holes.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Yeah, the grills seem to be a common problem on the LSi’s. I used Schotch MAXIMUM STRENGTH ADHESIVE (at least that’s what is says on the label. :wink:
    jsfgbav5ktu8.jpg
    This stuff is STRONG. I used it to reconnect one of the tabs for my LSi’s grills, and it hasn’t given out yet. This was a few months ago, so I’m not sure it ever will.
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,028
    Options
    Mcintosh MC7270 with brand new glass and LEDs asking $2200 OBO.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/mcintosh-mc7270-with-brand/6665467730.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    CGTIII wrote: »
    Mcintosh MC7270 with brand new glass and LEDs asking $2200 OBO.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ele/d/mcintosh-mc7270-with-brand/6665467730.html

That sure is pretty. I saw a 7270 at a garage sale a while back. They had it hooked up, and it was anything but clean, but it sounded real sweet when it was playing.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    Don't know anything about them, but might be a good deal if you like Boston Acoustics VR950

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/vr950-boston-acoustics/6681926394.html
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    Is there such a thing as RT150? Seems like a good deal if it's actually RTi

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-home-stereo/6675963017.html
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Jimbo18 wrote: »

Think so. IIRC, there was a user here in the Spring asking about cutting his RT150’s in half. His username was mpitogo or something like that.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited August 2018
    Options
    RTi150's.
    I see they get "5 star rating" out of 5, by a lot of people. B)
    y4e5w4ypf08z.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,574
    Options
    R150 or RTi150 is all I'm familiar with. These above are RTi150 i speakers had the blue woofer material.
  • Tony M
    Options

This speaker package deal + a brand new Onkyo receiver for 200.00 is a steal of a deal! :p
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »

This speaker package deal + a brand new Onkyo receiver for 200.00 is a steal of a deal! :p

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. No use for them, but...............
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    They are still available, going to see them Saturday.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Carver AL-3 Speakers, one needs a bit of work. 2 hundie. Detroit area. No affiliation.
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/carver-al-3-speakers/6683332048.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    DCM TimeWindows. $250. Detroit area. No affiliation.
    https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/ele/d/dcm-timewindow-speakers/6683290930.html
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Tony M
    edited August 2018
    Options
    That is a fair price. 200 would probably get then though. I love their sound! Kind of like the Polk LS90's.

My old friend who I sold my Time Widows to over two years ago is still listening to them front and center. :)B)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    They are still available, going to see them Saturday.

You'd better get them... If you don't want, you have a buyer. ;)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    I had the FXi50 surrounds and they were fantastic. I'm fairly certain that's what they are mistakenly referring to as the FX150's... The center also looks like a CSi40. Also had that and it is a great center - very similar to the CS400i. That package deal is a 'run, don't walk' price.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    Options
    Agree...had that exact setup and loved it.
  • verb
    Options
    Nice Karma @la2vegas ! Looks like it wasn't long before it reciprocated! Nice score!
  • mlistens03
    Options
    @la2vegas , I used this glue to fix the grills on my 25s:
    xa54ngu1zysl.jpg
    It’s held really well so far, and it’s been almost 6 months.
    Nice find!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    edited August 2018
    Options
    My IL Polkies..... Record storage for a normal collector..

https://springfieldil.craigslist.org/clt/d/lane-record-cabinets/6682621016.html
    00B0B_1SqqKew9DhW_1200x900.jpg

@SCompRacer @pitdogg2 @ALL212 @heiney9 @stretchl @tonyb (there are more IL Polkies, but I'm too lazy to tag everyone)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I feel REALLY stupid now... EndersShadow, can we keep that between you and me? :wink::lol:
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    LOL, if your talking about me, I'm a Indiana Polkie..... just not afraid of crossing the state line over to IL. Cause I know @tonyb has my back.

I dont have enough LP's for this, but one of those guys I tagged might.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Ya. He doesn't like to tag me anymore. LoL.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    erniejade wrote: »
    Ya. He doesn't like to tag me anymore. LoL.

Why tag you? I can just call you and harrass you.....

And you can keep sending me directly to voicemail like you have do......
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    Whattttt? B):| only if I'm in at work.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Ok, so going back to deals of the day...
    That LP shelf looks really nice. If that was local, and I wasn’t saving up for a power conditioner, it’d be mine. :smile: