Looking for Misc Audio Deals of the Day? Updated info here!

Comments

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,285
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wow i didn't think i could dislike B&W more but that white proved me wrong i can those are as fugly as they sound sterile

HAHAHA I was thinking that I would leave the speakers and take the 4 pieces in front. :p
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,845
    edited November 2017
    Viking64 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Wow i didn't think i could dislike B&W more but that white proved me wrong i can those are as fugly as they sound sterile

HAHAHA I was thinking that I would leave the speakers and take the 4 pieces in front. :p

Well yes. Not even for free would i take the B&W's
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,106
    https://omaha.craigslist.org/ele/d/infinity-sm-155-speaker/6415396476.html
    No Affil. Only $95.00 for the pair! Probably lower-end Infinity's? These would probably make a great set for someone to start with or for a garage. I DO NOT NEED MORE SPEAKERS (write on chalkboard 500 times!!!) :)
    oj1w8vbyk5ma.jpg
    Yes low end but iirc like 100db efficient
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,295
    Wow snobbery against B&W? Yet Usher gets a lot of love? Both accurate forward speakers with similar sound sigs imo.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,529
    edited December 2017
    "Wow snobbery against B&W? Yet Usher gets a lot of love? Both accurate forward speakers with similar sound sigs imo."

Having owned both (still have a pair of B&W bookies in my house, I find this statement to be completely inaccurate.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,768
    Speaking of bookies....Legacy studio's mk1 with stands for 6 bones.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/ele/d/legacy-audiophile-studio/6400837515.html
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,295
    I have more experience with different B&Ws, but have heard 6311s at THJs and a pair of Usher bookies at Dans. Both on decent power. Very nice speakers, but smooth and refined wouldnt be words i would use to describe them.
  • I've never cared for the larger B&Ws. The smaller ones add a little color to the music that I do enjoy, however.
    Polk SDA SRS 1
    Yamaha M-65 (2x, bi-amped)
    Pioneer Elite SC-99
    Oppo UDP-203
    Polk CS350 center
    Polk MC-60 4x Atmos
    Polk AB700 side surround
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,816
    Early model with the beveled top. No offense but I'll take the later smooth top model.
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,091
    ^^^^^^
    I hope they're signed by Mr. Polk and the entire design team too. Then maybe...
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    What a deal! A pair of "Sherwin Vegas" speakers, a Polk subwoofer, and a Sony Dolby Pro Logic receiver. All for $600. :p

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/159636671455955
    Every time I'm in the market for high dollar speakers, the first place I turn to is Craigslist. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/d/rare-pair-near-mint/6415276007.html3m2kn2jcwvl8.jpg
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11T X2 pairs, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 7,545
    What a noob. Right speaker is corner loaded as well as next to an immediate reflection point ruining imaging. >:)
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.
    One of the spikes isn't sitting in the cup. :p
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,237
    Looks like the are stuffed into a small condo,
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Viking64 wrote: »
    One of the spikes isn't sitting in the cup. :p

You are right .LOL.
    I LOVE it when one of you spot the oddball things in pictures ! I LOVE IT !

It always shows me there's more to some pictures then meets the eye at first . ;)

That there is funny too. :D
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Every time I'm in the market for high dollar speakers, the first place I turn to is Craigslist. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ele/d/rare-pair-near-mint/6415276007.html3m2kn2jcwvl8.jpg

Craigs list ad. ...????..

Maybe that's why I couldn't sell some of my collection either . :o :p
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    I hope they're signed by Mr. Polk and the entire design team too. Then maybe...

I was referring to the LSi9's that were a couple posts above the one I put ^^^^ in .
    Not the Monitor 12's.

The owner wanted quite a bit for them. They might still be for sale too.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,887
    deronb1 wrote: »
    I have more experience with different B&Ws, but have heard 6311s at THJs and a pair of Usher bookies at Dans. Both on decent power. Very nice speakers, but smooth and refined wouldnt be words i would use to describe them.

I have not experienced the V series, but I have heard the 6381 and smooth and refined is definitely an adjective I'd throw, especially when compared to *most* B&W. They can become brittle in sound though if not set properly in space or if there is an overemphasis of bass (like any speaker). I was recently blown away by a Nautilus setup that would make the lower end ushers slow, bloated, and unrefined by comparison, but then again we are talking about a different class of speaker.

If you want to hear what Usher is really about, try their Diamond series speakers. While the Be tweeters were nice, they were a modest upgrade over the cloth found in the ones you heard. The Diamonds are far superior and give a completely different sound.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    I've never heard the Nautilus, but, there were a couple of shops here in Louisville (when we had stereo shops) that carried B&W along with some nice electronics and I can honestly say I've never heard a pair of B&W's that I thought were pleasant to listen to. No offense to anyone that owns them, to each their own. I immediately notice the lushness of the Ushers on first listen, something I never remotely experienced with B&W.
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

Me neither, never heard a pair of B&W's that set my world on fire. I thought the CDMNT series was ok, liked the 800's, but never a chance to hear the diamond tweets in the newer models.

There's a tone missing, a heft or weight to the sound. Just can't get past that, for me anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Those Alexandre's are right up Joey's alley. He should go offer them 40k and see what happens.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    edited December 2017
    Nightfall wrote: »
    What a noob. Right speaker is corner loaded as well as next to an immediate reflection point ruining imaging. >:)

I'm betting they were further out in the room. Those most of times are set up properly by the manufacturer or their representative. It is all part of the cost for those from Wilson. I must also mention that if they were in that corner those have an XO that can be dialed in like no other speaker I know of.
    tonyb wrote: »
    Me neither, never heard a pair of B&W's that set my world on fire. I thought the CDMNT series was ok, liked the 800's, but never a chance to hear the diamond tweets in the newer models.

There's a tone missing, a heft or weight to the sound. Just can't get past that, for me anyway.

The B&W's that blew me away were being run off a North Star Intenso and MastersounD Dueventi. Tone just oozed out of them and produced one of the more holographic soundstages I've heard. The guy wanted to buy some Rosso speakers from me and I honestly told him I didn't know if he would gain much based off what I was hearing.

I was definitely not expecting to have an experience like that.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Could be Skip, as we all know.....electronics plays a huge role in what a speaker will sound like. Some are too easy to cast aside a speaker without looking at the electronics.

I've heard the beemers on a variety of electronics, still hasn't floated my boat yet. Maybe someday I'll hear a good combination.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1430 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • Is that handpainted lettering on the front?
    la2vegas wrote: »

It was new at one time...
    Main System:
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Dual SVS SB2000

Secondary Rig:
    Analysus Plus Oval

Looks like its still in its box too!
    audiothesis.com/