Jbl S312

Options
Aaron
Aaron Posts: 1,853
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Has anyone heard these speakers? My friend, without even listening to the speakers or talking to me, bought a pair of these. Apparently he got them on sale for $500/pair down from $900/pair retail. Even $500 sounds like a freakin' rip off to me. Aren't those drivers paper? I think I remember seeing one similar to this at CC, and it was a POS. Thoughts, anyone?

JBL S312 specs page

S312.jpg

Aaron
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I feel really betrayed! Man, this just pisses me off the more I think about it. "Huh-huh, I have bu-bu-bass now!" Ugh! Someone shoot me. On second thought, he DOES go to school in Baltimore. Think we can assemble a task force consisting of Micah, Justin, and John to go burn some paper woofers?

Aaron
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited September 2001
    Options
    ..for about 30 seconds before I decided they were POS. At least in Best Buy's horrible sound room..... Tap on the sides....Obviously not very well-constructed. At least he didn't pay full price for them. And they're kinda loud...:rolleyes:
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2001
    Options
    I remember when JBL made the Shizznet, not POShizznet. Mr. Lansing would cry.

The woofer and mid are coated paper, similar to the blown MW 6503 I pulled from my 10B.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2001
    Options
    What exactly is wrong with the MW6503 in the 10B's?
    Them's fight'n words. Those very same MW6503's are used
    in both SRS-SDA 1.2 and 3.1TL's.

All the older SRS polk speakers use coated paper woofers.
    And, they sound really fine.

Agreed though.... the JBL's are junk
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2001
    Options
    an aquaitance recently bought a pair on sale at Best Buy....complete crapola. Hey, if he is happy with them no skin off my back. I thought the same thing, pretty crappy construction and very hollow sounding, kind of like a pair of older techniqs from a rack system I used to have.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2001
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with the 6503s (except one of mine)! I was just remarking on the dis to the paper.

All of my cone drivers are paper or coated paper.

I haven't done any comparison with newer drivers though.
    Make it Funky! :)