PSW-350 set up with STR-DE945

Options
paulfess
paulfess Posts: 1
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
I have them hooked up with sub woofer cable, sounds great although I bought them today and will try the preferred set up in the morning- have you tried the set up both ways ?
Post edited by paulfess on

Comments

• Venu
    Venu Posts: 3
    edited September 2001
    Options
    You should stick with the connection you have right now, assuming that you connected your sub to the LFE input and Sub Out on the Receiver. That way you can take advantage of your receiver's crossover frequencies. If you use the speaker level connection, in other words, if you connect your sub to the speaker output on the receiver and connect your speakers to the sub, there is an additional load on the sub because it has to convert the high-level signals to the low-level signals for its own use and pass the rest to the speakers it is connected to.

Make sure that you set your Sub's cross-over all the way to the right (highest setting). On your receiver, set the subwoofer option to "Yes" and the Front Speakers to either "Large" - if you want them to handle the bass output, or "Small" - if you don't. Set the cross-over frequency for the subwoofer channel to around 90 Hz. If you have good enough speakers for your fronts, like RT1000i's which can handle down to about 36Hz, set them to large.

I believe that your receiver will let you select cross-over frequencies for the speaker channels when they are set as "Small". So for you the ideal setting would be to set your fronts to "Small" and set the cross-over to 80 Hz so that there is a 10 Hz overlap between your fronts and sub.

Hope this helps,

Happy listening,

Venu.