Polk Video Tour

Options
BobMcG
BobMcG Posts: 1,585
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
If I'm correct, Polk doesn't have plant tours for interested people/parties to see their speakers being made or tested etc.. There is no need to show secret designs in the works, but I think it would be great if Polk made a "video tour" of their setup for Club members to purchase through the Club Store. I'd buy one. Anyone else?
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    No way man, I want mine for FREE. And I want Mr. Rogers to show us around, like in the land of make-believe.

I think thats fair, Polk has over $2k of my fundage, they can sport for the video.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    .....and taken on a grand scale, a Polk customer appreciation event, sans alcohol, is way, way not out of line.....

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    This is a cool idea. We do have a digital video camera floating around somewhere. It would be nifty to walk around a show off the offices.

Only problem is, they are just boring cubes and offices. (Maybe some demo room footage would be interesting? Testing areas? Weather machines? Engineering suites?)

If you guys mean the actual factory (the thing featured in the newspaper a couple issues ago -- check issue 5 I think: http://www.polkaudio.com/home/library/newsp/), then we'd have to take a trip back to ol' Mehico. That'll take some time.

I'll get right on it.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2001
    Options
    A peek inside Polk's 'magic closet'. You know, that storeroom you have, full of various speaks, prototypes..etc....

THAT would be cool.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Yep, I meant the factory in Old Mexico. You can shoot an impromtu home (office) video in MD if you want, I'd check it out, but I doubt I'd pay to see it though like I would a factory tour video!
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I'm in on the tour...I had a Polk video at one time, it was called the theory of dynamic balance or something like that. good info, but I would be VERY interested in a run through of the design, manufacturing and testing facilities of the place. Put me down for one at $1.99
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Need I say more?

George Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited July 2001
    Options
    yes we all need to see how hard the polk guys are working

scott
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited July 2001
    Options
    yeah, include things like storage places for the lsi's and where the security booth is located and where all the camera's are and someone punching in the secret 250 digit code to unlock the case where the key the storage room is held. mission impossible style baby yeah!! :p
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I always wanted to show up at the design facility to meet the guys...wearing a Bose shirt as a gag....suppose they'd let me in?
  • RuSsMaN
    edited July 2001
    Options
    You would be safe at Polk, as long as none of 'us' were there....

That Bose shirt might change colors on you, I always thought Arterial Red was nice....

Cheers,
    Russ