help

bigmike9419
bigmike9419 Posts: 5
edited August 2002 in Troubleshooting
how do you tell if an amp blew? i was ridding down the road then all of a sudden my speakers stopped hitting. so i think it might be my amp because the power and ground wires are still connected and are frine. thanks

~bigmike~
Post edited by bigmike9419 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited July 2002
    Check the fuses. Not knowing what you have and in what car I'm only guessing, but you have fuses under the dash, under the hood, inline and maybe in your amp.
    Good luck.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nafortin
    nafortin Posts: 3
    edited July 2002
    if you have another speaker hook it up to the amp and test it. You may have blown the speaker. I had a Kicker Comp 10 that would only produce sound when you pushed down on it.
  • bigmike9419
    bigmike9419 Posts: 5
    edited July 2002
    i have 2 gnx 12's hooked to a concept 1200 watt amp. (not bridged) i am starting to think it is the fuses on the rca's comming from my head unit. the amp dosent turn on at all. but it shuts its self off when there is no signal so could it be the rca fuse?
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited August 2002
    It seems like a fuse to me. You should check out the "On the Move" forums. These are for car audio and may be of better assistance.
    Make it Funky! :)