Polk LSi-15 or stick with LSi9 fronts?

gil
gil Posts: 12
edited July 2002 in Speakers
I have the nines and have fallen for these speakers. Initially I intended to get the nines for evaluation and if I liked them then get the 15's, C, and FX.

The 9's sound pretty good with my Hsu TN1220 sub so I'm wondering what I gain with replacing them with 15's upfront. Have any Polk owners compared the two in an HT setup? Is the 9 and Center a more seamless match or is the LSi15 and C a much better combo for the front three. No local dealers for audition so I need to use your ears.

What do you think?
Post edited by gil on

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited July 2002
    Hey gil

Give a pic of you setup.....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • briancs
    briancs Posts: 193
    edited July 2002
    I wish I could speak from experience but I can't:( . Me personally I would go as far as my income would take me. If you can afford the 15's getem'. Ok now trying to come up with a responsible response. If you mainly listen to music I feel the 15's are not neccesary. Due to the fact of you having a seperate sub. Your bass drum will emualate from three different places. If you are into HT. Go BIG Your explosions will come from all over not just one corner. Now this is just MO, and should normally not be taken seriously. I do believe it gives you something to think about though.
    The guy with $40.00 mains and a $700.00 subwoofer.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,055
    edited July 2002
    I have demo'd them both side by side for music.
    I like the lsi15's much better.They are a real solid speaker that can perform all by them selves.The lsi9's are also a real good sounding speaker,they both sound close,but the 9's need help down low.
    You don't loose anything by going with the lsi 15's,you gain lower extention.
    You really need to take the trip before you take it from me or anyone else.I feel you need to hear it for yourself.If you got the coin(i like that term Russ)Id buy the lsi15's and demo in your own house.
    This is something I can see myself doing for my final decision with my upgrading.I'm having an extremely hard time deciding.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • gil
    gil Posts: 12
    edited July 2002
    I'm thinking of running two Hsu TN1225's. With the money saved from not getting the 15's I can put towards the extra Hsu.

If I place one Hsu sub in each adjacent corner near an Lsi-9 would you guys think this would be better than the 15's and one sub?
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited July 2002
    I have listened to them both. With a good sub, keep the LSi9s. Before I got the 2nd sub I would get the C and FX. I you already have them then go for the sub.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,764
    edited July 2002
    Originally posted by gil
    I'm thinking of running two Hsu TN1225's.

Gil,

Does your room really require a second sub to get the bass volume you want? Does Hsu recommend a second sub for a room your size?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!