picure qualty

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited July 2002 in Electronics
i have a q for all you big screen tv people i want to get beter looking cabble with staying with cabble is there any tweaks that i can do to make it better? i was told to add a amp to boost the sigonal strenth will this work?
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2002
    What is your current set-up?

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2002
    i have a mits ws 65 819 with is a upgrade with a hi vilocity moton scan and beter sound when i watch cabble it is crapey i have the main line split 4 ways and it runs from there to the tv it is the closest and has all new cabble i run it to the tv then use the out to run to a vcr and cabble box witch i run throgh my recever with i rareley use cues the even worse pic i am thinking of switching to wow cabble their boxes have s video out
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2002
    s vidio is very good and component is best.
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited July 2002
    Hbombtoo,
    what cable system other then Hdtv comcast has componet or s-video out on there boxes???????

Here's the bottom line with cable and Hdtv ready tv's......they don't mix.The cable even at it's best can only put out 240 lines of resolution.It can't fill the screen.
    Cvr's look like hell due to the fact of low resolution.Again on a good day for a non s-video vcr 240 lines.......that sucks.

Now if you want some better quality picture.Dss can do 400 lines.
    Laserdisk can as well.

DVD is what it is in 480i or 480p.....that my friend looks real good.

Hdtv from cable, DSS or abtenna is the best way to go.

If you can have digital cable and there sidecar Hdtv where you live.......this is the only way to watch cable on a widescreen tv...that is if you must keep cable that is..

Get the cable company out there and have them test all your lines for db loss.They can amp each line to fill the lost db.This should make it the best it can be.

Cable is what it is man..you get what it got.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • lbrenner
    lbrenner Posts: 33
    edited July 2002
    Something you might try... If you're using a non-powered splitter, you MAY have weakened the signal enough to matter. If you can connect the one TV without the splitter in the way and see a difference, that'll tell you that an a powered splitter (or an amplifier ahead of the splitter) could help. Otherwise, it's probably just the cable's inherent quality. (No benefit amplifying crap!)