I give in, but help

Options
mjmcg
mjmcg Posts: 102
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Ok, so if I'm going to mess around with this new thing here, someone has got to tell me what, if not why all the icons!!?? What do the envelopes and other things mean to the left of the threads? You can't click on them and they have no apparant meaning. Secondly, if you attempt to apply more than one text feature, like bold and color, it doesn't allow you to apply them to the same word,. it assumes each time you type in the word it's suppose to be a new word thus makes one bold and the other one the color you want, so you end up with two. Example: I want the word "see" to appear in bold blue letters, but look what I end up with---> see see
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I thought that I was the only one that was somewhat baffled by these things......

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    see
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2001
    Options
    ....Russ type
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited July 2001
    Options
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    SEE

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Hey Mike
    There is a page or some place which tells what the icons mean, I have come acrossed it looking around.
    Basicly the grey envelopes with grey dot in the middle have not been answered ones without have. When you get to a certian number of replies it changes again to a white envelope with a bunch of papers coming out. Faces andothers are for what kind of post you put up if you want to use them such as the ‘?’ mark lightbulb for idea etc.. Just like being called a Polkie will change after a # of posts. As for the html I don't use it for writting letters only building pages. I would imagine the code has to be put all in one instead of two comands, ya know what I mean (html-text-size-color-text-html)
    Hope this helped some with out sounding weird or whatever.
    Chris
    Chris :)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Down at the bottom left hand corner of this page (go ahead, look now) you'll see a list of "Forum Rules." Click on "vb Code" and you will get a page showing you what code is acceptable in the text of your posting. It's basically HTML with little brackets "[" instead of pointy things "<". Print that page or open it in a new window and you'll have a ready reference.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • mjmcg
    mjmcg Posts: 102
    edited July 2001
    Options
    I just checked that out...but it still doesn't say HOW HOW to do it to one word without making it two different words with the two effects applied separately....see what I mean? When I click and open the "size" menue, it asks small, med, large or huge....then you type in your text and it applies the SIZE to that word, then when you choose COLOR it applies the color to that word...I want to know how to get it to do BOTH BOTH effects to the same word.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Let's see, how did this turn out?how did this turn out let's see

Did it work???:confused:
    No excuses!
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Mike, all you need to do is the following. Replace all the slashes with the brackets.

For example:

|b||color=red||size=4|Polk Audio|/size||/color||/b|

Replace the "|" with "[" and "]"

Will result in:

Polk Audio

Hope this helps

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Hi: Try this for size... Try this for size...
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Well this is way too cool. I mean some guys really know how to use the big 164 piece box of Crayola's. We gonna be swapping recipes anytime soon?

George "Basic Black" Grand (of the Jersey Grand's)
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options
    This is just too much!