How will an LSiC sound with a pair of RT2000p, and FX500i

Options
dark horror
dark horror Posts: 33
edited July 2002 in Speakers
Also how would the amplification be would I have any trouble because of the 4-ohm load?

If it won't work anyone want to make me an offer for the speaker:)
Post edited by dark horror on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I assume this is your setup???
    It depends on your amp driving the center if it can handle a 4 ohm load while the rest of the package is at 8 ohm.If its a multichannel amp with one power supply and a shared set of caps,it will supply more power where needed.The rest of the package is extremely easy to drive.The center isn't that hard but does require more juice to optain the same SPL.
    Mixing lines I don't care for at all.I listened to the LSI center and It doesn't match the rt2000p's sonic properities.Youll have a big noticable timbre mismatch.teh rt2000p's will be all in your face and the center will be al laid back,seemless is out of the question.
    If you love that center channel,get the rt2000p's out and upgrade to a LSI front pair.If money is on the low side, do that first,then worry about the rears later.Front soundstage is more noticable then front to back unless your listening to music like SACD or DVD Audio,then the same applies to the front soundstage.Movies will be slightly harder to tell.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    So what are you going to do???
    I didn't see a reply.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dark horror
    dark horror Posts: 33
    edited July 2002
    Options
    I am not sure, for now I think I am going to buy a fan for my reciever, and keep the LSiC, then keep my eyes open for a great deal on a new reciever, and LSi90. Unless I find a CS40i for something like 175 shipped, then I will sell my LSiC.