70i's or 800i's

Options
squall1
squall1 Posts: 4
edited June 2002 in Speakers
So I can trade my 800i's in under the CC deal. Has anyone directly compared the 800i's to the new model. Which did you like better? Is it worth the trouble?
Post edited by squall1 on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2002
    Options
    Yes

I have directly compared the two. I set them up right next to each other at CC, used the same reciever and volume for both. I think the 70's are noticably better, I think they are much clearer and more transparent than the 800s. A touch brighter, but still having a very strong bottom end. Personally, I thought it was worth the upgrade, but the most important thing is what YOU hear. So go get your listen on, and see what you like better.

GuitarheadCA
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I think they are better in many ways.read my post on rti70's demoed for fun
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I personaly dont think they sound any diff... but the looks of the black...IMO suck. Cherry may look better...but the new look to me looks cheese-y I like the sexier look of the 800's myself.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Options
    On just the look side I felt as you do(trappedunderIce)I didn't care for the new look.But after my last demo,I really looked them over.they are built very well for a speakers at this price point.Real good.The new edges are awesome looking.I also like the new polk emblem,I didn't really care for that but it's growing on me.I don't like change but you can't stop it.
    They really sound good.I'd own a pair.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.