RT25i

avilladiego19
avilladiego19 Posts: 7
edited June 2002 in Speakers
I purchased a pair of Polk PT25i speakers a couple of months ago. They are connected to a 105 watts per channel Denon receiver. I was curious to how low these speakers would go and popped a cd with lots of bass on it in my cd player. When the bass started, i thought that i heard my window shades rattling, but it was the air comming out of the power port on the back of the speakers. Is that normal????
Post edited by avilladiego19 on

Comments

• GuitarheadCA
    GuitarheadCA Posts: 400
    edited June 2002
    avilladiego,

Yes, and no, it's sorta normal. The RT 25's are designed to recreate great treble and midrange, and enough bass to blend with a sub. Having owned them, I can testify that they're great speakers. However, they can never come close to the bass response of that of a sub. The Port noise you heard is going to happen when you drive them hard with alot of bass. Especially if the driver is visibly moving a large amount, there is tons of air that needs to move through the port. Usually the port noise is masked by the music, but if you drop in like a synthesized bass CD with tons of bass, and not much treble, you're going to hear the noise.

GuitarheadCA
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    Nice post!!
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited June 2002
    hearing this noise dont damage the speaker right?
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited June 2002
    It means you pushing them alittle to hard.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2002
    Good call Mantis:D I pretty sure the 25's were not designed to accurately produce heavy bass. But that is just IMO. :rolleyes: But in my second HT they sound awesome with my AR 12" sub.
    avilladiego19----Hint! Hint!;)