RM7500 Bass Management

Options
polkalicious
polkalicious Posts: 2
edited September 2001 in Technical/Setup
I recently set-up my new RM7500 with the PSW250. Yes, I know it's a small PSW for the system but it was free and if I go any louder my wife will just complain more.

Anyhow, I set my Onkyo TX-DS696 to Subwoofer-No, Center-Small and Surrounds-Small. I then wired the left and right through the PSW. I guess my question is what frequency should I set the crossover and did I set this system up optimally?

Also, I mounted the left and right above and behind my projection TV. This seems to be optimal since there are built in wall mounts but everything I read suggests placing left and right a little in front of the TV. Quite honestly, where the speakers are is the only place I will be able to put them so it's a little of a moot point but is it an acceptable location?

Thanks!
Post edited by polkalicious on

Comments

• polkalicious
    polkalicious Posts: 2
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Any advice at all would be much appreciated!
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited September 2001
    Options
    Try this: Since you wired the left and right front speakers thru the speaker wire inputs and and outputs of the PSW, set the Xover at about the noon position and change the bass management settings on your receiver to FRONTS "ON" or "LARGE," and SUBWOOFER "OFF" or "NO." (Center is "small," surrounds are "small.")

You will be allowing the PSW low pass to filter the full range signal. You will get better blending and more bass.

Mounted on the wall is fine. Try this (above) and see what happens. Then let us know.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney