Sda-srs

Options
BOLERO
BOLERO Posts: 2
edited June 2002 in Speakers
sOME ONE GIVE ME A PAIR OF:

POLK AUDIO SDA-SRS SIGNATURE TOWER SPEAKERS. the BIG ones. with eight mids and four tweeters per cabinet

Can some one tell me wich of the new ones woud be the equivalent
I dont know much of speakers, I know they sound ok but, very big and they take a lot of space.so I was wondering if a pair of smaller ones will perform the same?

:confused:
Post edited by BOLERO on

Comments

• har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I was wondering if a pair of smaller ones will perform the same?

No, I dont think smaller ones can perform the same as my 1.2TL's
    either the new LSi 25, I dont think so... but may be your looking
    for smaller ones like... BOSE 'better sound through research' they
    are smaller ones that you can spread everywhere.

Seriously the LSi 25 or 15's are excellent, They are the best of Polk for today's to match high definition audio formats such as SACD, DVD Audio and DVD Video.

But if you still looking for the 1.2TL's they are hard to find.
    I will keep mine until the end of the world...

:lol: ,
    Har
  • SDA SRS 1.2
    SDA SRS 1.2 Posts: 255
    edited June 2002
    Options
    "I will keep mine until the end of the world... "

WELL SAID!!
    Main System: Polk SDA SRS 1.2 Speakers, Sunfire Signature 600~two Amp, Carver C-16 Preamp, Carver TX-11b Tuner, Marantz 6350Q TT, Philips CDR-775 Recorder, Teac V-707RX Cassette Deck, Signal Cable Double Run Speaker Cable

Upstairs Den: Marantz 2325 Receiver, Marantz 5220 Cassette Deck, Marantz HD-880 Speakers, Marantz 6370Q TT

Exercise (Kabuki speaker) Room: Kenwood KR-9600 Receiver, Pioneer CS-99a Speakers, Sansui SP-X9000 Speakers (not pretty, but LOUD! :) )
  • BOLERO
    BOLERO Posts: 2
    edited June 2002
    Options
    so, the SDA-SRS SIGNATURE TOWER SPEAKERS. the BIG ones. with eight mids and four tweeters per cabinet

are the 1.2 ?

Whats TL's ?
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    edited June 2002
    Options
    I know this one....the TL stands for Trilaminate Dome Tweeters (SL 3000 series) a little smoother sound. To quote "by vapor depositing stainless steel and aluminum to a polyamide surface, the benefits of both soft and hard domes were achieved." The highs on my 2.3TL's are definitely smoother than the SL 2000 tweeter in my 2B's. In case you are wondering the 2.3TL's have 3 tweeters, 6 mids & a 15" passive sub. I'm happy...I just need some mono blocks to really drive them. Happy hunting!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk