Denon AVR-3802

MxStYlEpOlKmAn
MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
edited June 2002 in Electronics
neone heard this receiver...i am really considering getting this thing...seems awesome...

110 watts x 7 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Pro Logic II decoding
Widescreen 7.1 mode
DTS Neo:6 modes
2-room/2-source output
learning/multibrand backlit LCD remote with macros
digital inputs: 3 optical, 1 coaxial
digital output: 1 optical
component video switching: 2 in, 1 out (27MHz bandwidth)
3 audio and 5 A/V (including 5 S-video) inputs
7.1-channel preamp inputs and outputs
Cinema EQ
dual surround mode speaker selection
on-screen display (requires TV with direct video input)
96kHz/24-bit D/A converters
32-bit SHARC processor
high-current, low-impedance amp design
40 AM/FM presets
17-1/8"W x 6-3/4"H x 16-15/16"D
Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
I promised myself
No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
Damn you all! - ATC
Post edited by MxStYlEpOlKmAn on

Comments

• sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited June 2002
    Hi:

I have the 4802 and I am extreamely pleased with it. I have a B&K for the front and that makes it even more awesome.

Gary
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    You just can't go wrong with the Avr3802.Its awesome.I feel it leads the 1200.00 and under receiver's.Have I ever mentioned It mated extremly well with Polks???
    Now the Avr4802 just keeps the ball rolling,It s more powerfull, has more Inputs,alot better remote,and to top it off its THX ULTRA CERTIFIED.Not to mention as It shares the same tonal quality as the 3802,it has a slight edge in sound quality.
    If you want no holds bared in receiver tecnology today there is the Denonavr5803,It just continues what the 3802 and the 4802 offer,Now you can do 3 independant zones,have even more power and the sound quality inproves again, but keeping the same tonal qualities as its smaller brothers.
    As you can see I like the Denon Family tree.Even those under the 3802 are outstanding in there own respected classes.
    But heres the kicker, you must like the way they sound,if you don't like the way they sound, nothing I wrote matters.You see buying a receiver,speakers and everything else including wire is personal taste,I can tell you if it's a good sound product, but I can't tell you if your gonna like it.
    Take you time in buying a receiver,listen and read about them all before you buy,this will weed out the ones not for you and give you a smaller selection to choose from.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited June 2002
    yeah i dont wanna spend over 1000 on a receiver tho, newayz i've been going for a good receiver, and i think i'm going to get the denon...because i've made the mistake of getting a lowclass receiver before...a sony, that thing sounded like u were listening through a cup with a string connected to another cup, it STUNK!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited June 2002
    go for it buddy,post back after you get it all set up.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Handyhaver
    Handyhaver Posts: 66
    edited June 2002
    I just mated my polks with a 3802 and all's I can say is

WOW!!!

I replaced a JVC that was a month old and there was no comparison. The 3802 gives you so many options and the manuel is a little confussing for a novice, but these guys out here
    know their **** and are always willing to help. I'm learning every day. The only down side is the remote..it does suck but I can live with it for now. Happy shopping. The UPS guy & I have become very close, I even gave him a quick demo.

Mark
    You can check out any time you like..,
    but you can never leave...........
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited June 2002
    i am running a 3801 (predecessor to the 3802) and it works extrememly well with the polks! the 02 offers 10 watts more per channel and has dolby PL2 vs. the 01. give it a listen and see what YOU think of it's sound...

be sure to post back your results...