Wish I had a choice

RSTERN
RSTERN Posts: 287
edited June 2006 in The Clubhouse
Wish I had a choice for high speed internet. Right now Insight is really dropping the ball. Buried drop was cut sat, I call right after it happened. Had to wait 20 min on hold. Lady was not friendly to say the least and said no tech till monday. I said I would temp splice it so I would have tv and internet. I said since monday is a holiday just send someone tues.
Well it is wed. no one has called of came out. Go and check e-mail and it does not work either( ongoing problem lately). Time to call. Just got off the phone with support(9:15p) and they said call back the storm just knocked down there computers. Every question I ask was answered with I can't do anything because our computers are down. Not a happy camper right now.
Rob
mains: rt16
center: csi40
surrounds:fx 1000
sub: SVS 20-39pc+
Post edited by RSTERN on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,052
    edited May 2006
    Insight sucks. It's the only choice I have and they have been upgrading during this whole month and I've been thru pure hell with e-mail and internet access. They had an outage for over 3 days and no idea WTF was wrong. Many small businesses who use them were down at City Hall putting together a class action suit.

All upgrades were supposed to be finished by May 25th and I'm still having trouble with e-mail and my connection speed is slower than before the upgrade. Hell, they'll keep charging me the same $$$ or more and say we just did an expensive upgrade and in the end the service will be the same or worse.

During the upgrade when I was having trouble it wasn't uncommon to be on hold in excess of 60 minutes only to be told that they really had no idea when things were going to be fixed.

If I hear them tell me to unplug my modem and power down my computer and restart in 5 minutes one more time it ain't going to be pretty.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited May 2006
    H9 - I feel your pain, Insight over here in Belvidere! I think my power plugs on my modem and router are about worn out from unplugging them to power them down and recycle them. I'm not sure what the hell kind of project plan Insight put together for this disaster in progress, but they should fire whoever was responsible for it. Wish I had a better, or another choice. Doug.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • RSTERN
    edited May 2006
    On hold now for 20 min, There comp are still down in the call center. There customer service sucks. Called for bb support and it said all lines are busy please call again later and hung up. Man I am hot..
  • RSTERN
    edited May 2006
    After 40 min on hold, They said email was down due to cut fiber. I don't think this company has any backup.
    Any suggestions on another type of email sevice? Thanks for letting me vent.
    Rob
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited May 2006
    The hell of it is, when it works it's very fast and good!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,052
    edited May 2006
    dkg999 wrote:
    The hell of it is, when it works it's very fast and good!

Actually I really haven't had too many problems, it just seems when they do have an issue it's a BIG issue. All in all Insight has been reliable and mostly very fast. I just don't like not having other options.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited June 2006
    Wow!! I have had ZERO issues with my Insight cable for either tv or internet. I hope it's just the local offices that have been so useless.

This has been the best internet connection I've ever had or used. It blows away anything that I've even had at work places.

But, yeah, I have no alternative for either tv or high-speed internet.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"