Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,423
    It's a box full of nothing, albeit a thoughtfully laid out one -- $50 worth of parts in there. At typical hifi margins, a $1000 component.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 281
    1m8sskdar96p.jpeg
    TV - Sony XBR 75X900E
    Amps - Marantz SR5003 , 2 x Linn Lk240’s , NAD 2400 THX, Denon 1804
    Speakers - POlk Lsim705’s ,Totem Acoustic Rainmaker's, Sonus Faber Piccolo, Definitive Technology SM350's , Sonos Play 5, 2 play 1's, Mirage Oasis MKii's
    Subwoofers - SVS SB16 Ultra, Jamo D4SUB
    Sources - Denon 2910, Sony CDP-CX355, JVC XM448BK, Sonos Connect,
    Vinyl - Project Debut III, Nagaoka MP-110, Cambridge Audio Solo, Okki Nokki RCM
    Cables - Zu Audio power cables, AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables, Linn Interconnects
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,250
    edited August 9
    How do you know what the value of the parts in there are? The photo isn't big enough to identify part numbers. It's also a custom motherboard that probably required a fair amount of R&D and manufacturing budget to bring to production.

It's not accurate for you to say that there's $50 worth of parts inside.

Also for the record the MSRP is $2,200 not $1,000. :)
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    It's a box full of nothing, albeit a thoughtfully laid out one -- $50 worth of parts in there. At typical hifi margins, a $1000 component.

Got Dayens?
    joecoulson wrote: »
    1m8sskdar96p.jpeg

Is that the OEM version of the Staples "Easy" button? ;)

b9b30p52z9cn.png
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 281
    It’s actually the audiophile version, built up with heavy high-quality materials and structurally much heavier than its competition
    TV - Sony XBR 75X900E
    Amps - Marantz SR5003 , 2 x Linn Lk240’s , NAD 2400 THX, Denon 1804
    Speakers - POlk Lsim705’s ,Totem Acoustic Rainmaker's, Sonus Faber Piccolo, Definitive Technology SM350's , Sonos Play 5, 2 play 1's, Mirage Oasis MKii's
    Subwoofers - SVS SB16 Ultra, Jamo D4SUB
    Sources - Denon 2910, Sony CDP-CX355, JVC XM448BK, Sonos Connect,
    Vinyl - Project Debut III, Nagaoka MP-110, Cambridge Audio Solo, Okki Nokki RCM
    Cables - Zu Audio power cables, AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables, Linn Interconnects
    joecoulson wrote: »
    It’s actually the audiophile version, built up with heavy high-quality materials and structurally much heavier than its competition

ahh, I see. Gotcha.
    Well, that was easy!

ahem.

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,901
    Research at work today
    rg6cmw53ia80.jpeg
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,619
    A conjunction junction. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,703
    q8vg3kxd9i52.jpg
    orw5nd9r2xva.jpg

Flew back to Des Moines this morning. Perfect weather
  • machonemachone Posts: 971
    Another visitor..........
    2xhhpc3d7sy7.jpg
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 21 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Marantz SA 8005>> Equinox 7>>
    ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature >>Equinox 7>>
    Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod) >>Belden 5000 10 ga cables>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 348
    giphy.gif
    Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
    UKWNA43K3JD7FKUWUHHFNI4H2I.jpg
    Got Dayens?
    COZUF6TCOBDQFLTR5JKTTZTNBU.jpg
    Got Dayens?
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,412
    CGTIII wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I can’t decide if this guy is an amazing driver, or a terrible driver and just lucky. I’m gonna go with a terribly talented driver. :tongue:
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,535
    Note that the vehicle he avoided has stopped for no visible reason. The lane in front of him is clear.
    edited August 9
    He stopped for the yellow dozer/tractor that for some reason was on the freeway.
    Got Dayens?
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,535
    I see it now, the dozer (back hoe) is hidden untill it swites lanes in front of the black van. Good catch.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 2,817
    A bulldozer would have tracks like a tank instead of pneumatic tires.

Killdozer would have three members like Rush and Triumph.

25x0xy5q4tg5.jpg
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,412
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Note that the vehicle he avoided has stopped for no visible reason. The lane in front of him is clear.

Ooooooohhh. I see that now. Then I will give him the title “incredibly talented”.
    2 channel
    Speakers: Mission 770 Freedoms
    Integrated amp: Technics SU-v75 and matching tuner
    CDP: Technics SL-PC20
    Cables: Monoprice, Monster, Acoustic Research, and a few generic ones
    TT: Technics SL-3200, direct drive
    Cartridge: Shure M97xE

Pc gaming setup
    Receiver/amp: Yamaha RX-V665
    Computer: Lenovo g50 (soon to be upgraded to a Dell Precision 690 which is far from stock!!)
    Interconnects: Amazon basics HDMI, Acoustic Research HDMI, Monoprice speaker cables
    Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR75s

Random equipment on standby:
    Onkyo TX-v940, JBL woofers and tweeters, single Klipsch KG .5, Yamaha guitar amplifier, Peavey Rage 158 guitar amplifier, Kicker comp 12” subwoofer, single Bose 802 series II, a whole bunch of 1”-3” full range drivers, Infinity Crescendo 3007s (on sale), Polk LSi25s
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

You don't tell her you read the manual, and you tell her you know what the problem is, and you fixed it, because that what men do, fix things
    q8vg3kxd9i52.jpg
    Toto, I don't think we're in New England anymore!

Flat as a fritter, Doc...
    Willow wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Flat as a fritter, Doc...

Didn't realize your bucket went that high.

Oh, I just LOL'd a little bit in the back of my mouth ;)

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,901
    q8vg3kxd9i52.jpg
    orw5nd9r2xva.jpg

I can’t tell if that’s a reflection of coffee or a cocktail in the first picture.

edited August 9
    q8vg3kxd9i52.jpg
    orw5nd9r2xva.jpg

I can’t tell if that’s a reflection of coffee or a cocktail in the first picture.
    q8vg3kxd9i52.jpg

Actually looks like a reptillian eye to me.
    William Shatner wasn't on the plane, was he?

zpwqwu8q1dkf.png

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 15,756
    Its Russ...... Its likely the fifth......

of 50 lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 29,329
    q8vg3kxd9i52.jpg
    orw5nd9r2xva.jpg

Clear as a bell, it's the vortex created wherever Russ goes. People who get sucked in wind up in India, around 1968, wondering wtf happened, wearing black socks/sandals/shorts....and squirrel skin underwear.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 917
    qjzdk9nu38d2.jpeg
    Chicago River. Sometimes the light is just right.
    Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's

Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
    9AM flight. Gin and tonic. Seat 1A....
    Breakfast of Champions in First Class.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 5,619
    9AM? :o :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.