Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,615
    tonyb wrote: »
    I knew there was somethin' off kilter with that boy. lol

You don’t know how right you are as my wife told me absolutely no wearing of the kilt...what? I’m Scotish!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 399
    When your friend thinks he has a really good stereo...
    daily_gifdump_818_14.gif
    Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,063
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    p6ilkj07xdlz.jpg

The ol' Epimenides paradox.

Another paradox to chew on. What do you do if you're in the military & a superior officer orders you to "disobey this command"?

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,288
    That cat is traumatized from finding that Harry Potter DVD. :'(
    I am not 100% convinced that's not Walt Disney's cat's head, in cryogenic storage with him somewhere in the Magic Kingdom...
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,094
    That picture reminded me of this. :)

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,094
    Tony M wrote: »
    Tony M wrote: »
    I just checked another city's Craigslist and what do I frikn find? It's too far away for a simple road trip. My wife would have a cow if I suggested we go. Sucks! Maybe not. I emailed them. We'll see. 250.00 :o It's a model from 2003 I think. It may be OLD!
    3yyfna8up37j.png
    https://eastnc.craigslist.org/ele/d/pro-ject-lp-turntable-with/6619584787.html

This beautiful acrylic turntable from Sumiko's Pro-Ject, appropriately named the Perspective, is much more than a very cool looking turntable. Its thick acrylic base is a near perfect non-resonant material while its suspension carefully holds a heavy sub-plinth housing the platter, its bearing, and the tonearm assembly. The resulting sound is a very tight and deep bottom end and a sparkly but not overbearing treble. Shown here with a used Sumiko Blue Point, this combination gave way to very involving presentation of our MoFi version of American Beauty. All instruments sat in the mix exactly as intended and nothing was overly pronounced.
    This particular one is in great condition. We tested it extensively and found that all it needed was a suspension adjustment. You'll notice that the belt shown in the photos is in dire need or replacement but a new one has been ordered and will be included with the sale. All original accessories are included as well as original box and packing. Please note: this turntable requires you to change the entire motor when switching between 33 and 45 (33 and 45 rpm motor included). While the cartridge shown here is included we do not guarantee its condition or warranty it. You should plan on replacing this cartridge.

Update:
    My wife was OK with the thought. 21/2 hr. road trip one way. But the drive was great going up. Coming back, avoided about 3 accidents and saw where a great big giant Live Oak tree blew over while we were meeting the couple and their caretaker foe Carl, the man who owned the TT. The tree crushed the front half of the small old house. CRUSHED! There was a small group looking at the destruction a a little ways back near the hole where the roots were pulled up. There were little storms all around. Only saw one or dark clouds though the whole time. I feel for those home owners.

The trip was 50 times more better than I could've imagined. We talked to that couple and caregiver for about an hour or more. It looked like it just came from the showroom! The TT plugged in and seems to work perfect. There's a Grado Cartridge on it and the needle feels sharp! I think it's a Silver Model Grado.

I did find the fluffy yellow blanket before we left. Just like I thought, I used it to help the neighbors cat stay warm last winter. I took another thinner blanket too. :) ;) I covered the TT but I think the vibration of the trip shook some dust onto this TT because it was like NEW when I loaded into my car. Now it has dust on the platter.

The man's wife, Louise, told Carl to collect the accessories that go with it since they won't need them anymore. That was very NICE of her! Here's some pics. I don't like single play TT's... but this was an exception. 200.00 plus gas and 7 hours total. ;)

The left hinge pin hole is loose but a piece of tape will fix that. There looks like a crack in the corner of the lid on the front left side but it's a allusion! I checked. Check out the accessories. I always wanted a Zero-Stat. B)

OH, I almost didn't go! I'm feeling the worst I have in years. Pollen or just worn out, I don't know. But We made the trip with a few arguments for sure. :# But I KNEW those were coming! I didn't have the strength to let them get full blown. :s
    h8dh9lve7sof.png
    2z8a1qrg37f6.png
    5ys06k718yov.png
    dxuxr90rsbsz.png
    34i23ia0ijkb.png
    t32b6y1i1676.png
    b4fyn5e4tdvv.png
    e3e6to366tvv.png
    uzs7jsqk1vxx.png
    26f5inldr6q0.png
    cwglcxfwpsk5.png
    w5bn6ldzlxmn.png
    B)

My old friend come over Friday because he wanted to help me get started on depleting the excess and getting down to where we can enjoy this stereo stuff in an open nice room like he remembered it being. He supervised for the most part and we got a lot done. A LOT! Day one... done. :D

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 3,352
    Nice Score Tony! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,954
    I’m not even sorry.

g66n4fa03fky.jpeg
    0zb8yeuupv1r.jpg
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,783
    "There's a snake in my boots!"
    You may resume your resumé -- perhaps after begin the beguine?

;)
  • KingratKingrat Posts: 74
    Last time I went on a vacation with everyone in the family was 1971, only my sister and me left now. Had a good time in Chicago.
    Cable atheist: They're just trying to get your money like a TV preacher!
    Vinyl system: I'm long done with the snap, crackle, and pop.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,725
    What in tarnation?!
    Got Dayens?
    edited July 3
    It's a bar.
    A danged bar.
    Wanderin' around in our back field.

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    It's a bar.
    A danged bar.
    Wanderin' around in our back field.

Ya beddah hahd ya pic-a-nic basket!
    "It has come to my attention that there is a Monoprice tube amp in the vicinity."

ffy8fna6yrxg.jpg
  • JimKellyfanJimKellyfan Posts: 681
    l7jol887luk7.jpg

Who wants to play speed bump ?
    Onkyo TX-NR636
    Main - polkaudio Monitor 60's
    Center - polkaudio CS2
    Sub - polkaudio PSW10
    Sub - polkaudio PSW505
    Surrounds - polkaudio Monitor 40 series II
    Front Height - polkaudio Monitor 40's
    Audio Outdoors
    Pioneer VSX 406 - polkaudio Atrium 5
    Shed
    Sony junker str-dn2010 with Sony bookshelf floor models and polk R150's
    Depends if one gets to be the bump or the car, I suppose.
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 399
    vod4nrtvrk5e.jpg

Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,725
    Nice job Dave. Great looking room and nice little stereo setup there.
    Got Dayens?
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,080
    And behold, I have been to the mountaintop, where I was tempted by the the much desirable UDP-205, the fruit of Oppo. For it is pleasant to the ears. But verily, verily, it is also Rp 28,000,000. And the wages of partaking of it, at such a cost, is much poverty, and the wrath of the one that hath been given to me, the wife. So, thus, I forsook, and with sadness in my heart did I return to the land of my fathers.

a0bgomhe3kxw.jpeg

3lt6azc4y1x8.jpeg
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,823
    Who'da thought A&W would have such an early phone number...

"Excuse me operator, connect me to A&W please. It's a Root Beer emergency!"
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • stretchlstretchl Posts: 1,080
    Trust me, after a good number of days of the local cuisine (which is awesome I’m not dissing it) that A&W sign is like a light shining in the darkness. :)
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> MIT AVT2 IC's --> Adcom GFA-555ii --> MIT EXP S2 Cables --> LSiM-705's
    Visuals
    http://StretchPhotography.com
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto