Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,421
    Here's my guess:

Eight Track Deck

Mirror Ball
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,472
    jq23akhg40t4.jpg
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    sass.

Gotta love that.
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

"Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,247
    tumblr_ootil7l6rb1u9xqtso1_500.gif
    Got Dayens?
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,472
    n4w2pluwnsfp.jpg
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,983
    I want one! ^^

• Tony MTony M Posts: 5,612
    There's 2 in that picture.

They are pretty cool!
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    Tony M wrote: »
    There's 2 in that picture.

They are pretty cool!

"Electric" chairs to go with it.

epdhcvjz7p87.jpg

Purely decorative for the chairs though. Maybe speaker stands though. ;)
    Purely decorative for the chairs though. Maybe speaker stands though. ;)

I'd give them a sit. May have flanges under to help with rigidity.

You will be needing accent lamps however.

y7couj8clmsv.jpg

tree.jpg
    Got Dayens?
    Are these from the same genius? What imagination! I'm impressed.

Yea. I thought if there was more bracing under the back of the chair seat, it would be 75% stable for most. But leaning back against the neck concerns me.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,535
    You'd be surprised how much a truss rod will hold.
    edited January 9
    Oh, are you talking about running a truss rod from the floor up to the tuning pins and connecting it to the back of the chair seat to?
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,535
    Just within the neck. I'd suspect there's unseen bracing at the neck to body intersection as well. Difficult to tell from the posted pictures though
    edited January 10
    Niiiice:

46rv42bw5b5f.jpg

@BlueFox

Got Dayens?
    This mandolin slicer is on my local CL.

Notice in the ad description; " Barely Used " :o :s

https://wilmington.craigslist.org/hsh/d/pampered-chef-ultimate/6434629138.html
    I don't see those telltale brown stains of dried blood, though.

• xschopxschop Posts: 830
    When Porsche no longer makes parts... You make your own...

mwexhemcnydc.jpg

mtir685waq3z.png

Looks like they might be pretty darned good drivers & horn... but... ewww.

^^^^

That would be right at home in a Tattoo Shop though. B)
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,999
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mtir685waq3z.png

Bet it doesn't come with Alexa....
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

edited January 11
    ^^^^

Now that would make a statement.
    Hmm... so, if I were ever to get a tattoo...

;)
    Willow wrote: »
    mtir685waq3z.png

Maybe that is "Alexa" :o

• tonybtonyb Posts: 29,327
    Looks like an Alien from one of those "invasion from Mars" movies...."ack ack" lol.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    Tad 803 bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,999
    ^^^^

Now that would make a statement.
    Hmm... so, if I were ever to get a tattoo...

;)
    Willow wrote: »
    mtir685waq3z.png

Maybe that is "Alexa" :o

Would Russ know?
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

PS I am pretty sure that photo was a sneak preview of the Polk SDA reboot for 2019.

Now, take a picture of that -- and you'll be getting somewhere :)

You'd be getting to the original " Escape from the Planet of the Apes " scenario of time travel.
  • xschopxschop Posts: 830
    edited January 11
    When Porsche doesn't offer a real engine....

lcaujeus5484.jpg

Post edited by xschop on