Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,402
    "Don't bend over in the garden, Granny! You know them 'taters got eyes.

:|

(with apologies to the late Lewis Grizzard)
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,541
    We'll now take a brief interlude for an important message from our sponsor

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
    There are old 'taters
    And cold 'taters
    But there are no old, cold 'taters

?

:)
    k6vxlh0yx96o.png
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,842
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    k6vxlh0yx96o.png

Just came in from snow throwin'.
    Hard to guage what we got. Somewhere between 10 - 14" depending on what drift you fall into.
    The wind is... well...windy...
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    About 6 inches here -- now it's windy and it's pretty drifty, too.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,940

Match.com profile description?

Like a granny phartting in her house dress, you sound impressed Ken
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,090

That tractor sure will come in handy wont it lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    edited January 4

That tractor sure will come in handy wont it lol....

I traded e-mails with our son-in-law a little while ago.
    I asked him if he had plugged in the block heater for it. He said no, but he would when the really cold weather comes back [i.e., tomorrow]. He also said it did a great job clearing the snow tonight :) Now I'm thinking he needs a cab for it!

I pay a guy to snowplow our driveway.
    When and if we end up getting a big pickup, I might invest in a plow and do it myself -- but I kind of like having someone else do it (after years of doing our own driveway in MA).

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,895

I never realized pot was directional, I always figured it was omni, not uni.
    vde6ditp48z6.jpg
    MrBigBlueLight
    Shifting to Plan B+
    FestYboy wrote: »
    ...]

I never realized pot was directional, I always figured it was omni, not uni.

Oh, it's directional -- leads straight to things like thinking that this is a great record album.

:p

o55p2f032463.png

(it is a great sound effects album -- right up there with the train and thunderstorm records of the 1950s)

Oh .... my ..... gawd ! :o

Perhaps one might think that barriers of snow and ice are sufficient to protect one from the Wrath of the Floyd Army, but that would be wrong thinking.

One might find hope and redemption by claiming "cabin fever". :'(

;)
    MrBigBlueLight
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • Jim ShearerJim Shearer Posts: 351
    k6vxlh0yx96o.png

On days like that, we used to wrap up our 'taters & chicken in aluminum foil, then place them in the wood stove to roast. Yuuummmm!

Cheers, Jim
    A day without music is like a day without food.
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,095
    scubalab wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ow55r12a15v4.jpg
    'Twas the high today.....

Wow Russ... 131 degrees... hope you stayed hydrated! ;)
    rkb5q90379xx.jpg

Without wind factor
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android Mi Box3. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• scubalabscubalab Posts: 2,430
    Willow wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ow55r12a15v4.jpg
    'Twas the high today.....

Wow Russ... 131 degrees... hope you stayed hydrated! ;)
    rkb5q90379xx.jpg

Without wind factor

Heat wave in Central PA.

It was 254 degrees Kelvin in Central PA this morning. B)
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 6,299
    ^^^^^^

LOL ! :D

-19.5 F to be exact.

Why does Kelvin measurement exist ? what is the reason ? I understand Celsius.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    edited January 5
    I'm kind of amazed that car gauge manufacturers would program their gauges to read - 22 degrees.

Who is going to drive in that temp. and where in the states does it reg. dip that low .

Couldn't the gauge just say or show " Get back to a warm area immediately ! Immanent danger if vehicle stops running ! "
    2 day delivery with PRIME. :o

Degrees Kelvin at Amazon - amazon.com
    Ad · www.amazon.com/Degrees Kelvin

Low Prices on Degrees Kelvin. Free Shipping on Qualified Orders.

^^^^
    this has been edited a little.

The ad lower down states this is for a "chart poster" to show comparisons. :)
    ^^^^^
    My wife and I both thought that was funny as ****. !

Reminded me of my mom and dad in a way !
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^^^

LOL ! :D

-19.5 F to be exact.

Why does Kelvin measurement exist ? what is the reason ? I understand Celsius.

Because zero Kelvin is absolute zero, the lowest possible temperature. The Kelvin scale is absolute; Fahrenheit and Celsius scales are relative, with, in each case, an arbitrary reference point. Sort of like decibels :)

The Kelvin scale solves the problem of having achievable temperatures that are zero degrees (zero degrees F = about -20 degrees C; zero degrees C = 32 degrees F). Having values of zero can make certain calculations bothersome (for example, division by zero is just plain not allowed*).

mcvb1hxg7nzr.png

Remember. Friends don't let friends divide by zero. This has been a public service announcement, courtesy of the math nerds of the world.

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,537
    i57qodmwq9ma.jpg
    edited January 5
    Interesting to say the least ! Thanks . ;) B)

Is there a limit to coldness ? YES , I just found it.
    Absolute zero, the temperature at which all thermal motion ceases in the classical description of thermodynamics.

Now what is Kelvin scale Maximum ? Infinite heat like the sun but x billion more deg.'s. ? I'm just a science nut that got sidetracked by the need to eat and survive.

I was named most interested in science around the 6th grade. But back then, there were NO paths or help for an underprivileged kid to advance their gift or interests UNLESS there was MONEY to back them. I'm talking late 60's here. Sure, maybe some got to pursue their dreams with-out backing. I'm not disputing that possibility.

But GRANTS and STUDENT LOANS were reserved for a select few. Athletes and kids with parental connections comes to mind. My Step daughter got a partial scholarship to UNCW because of her soccer skills and I'm sure, her high school coach talked highly of her to a UNCW soccer coach behind the scenes.

George W. Bush for instance. Where did he go to school ? One school I know of was " The Presidential Preparation School of Somewhere" ( I would need to research the location ) . Now who paid for that ? A poor kid, I don't believe would be considered at all, right ? He was given a directed, by many I'm sure, a SOLID path. My path was skinny with a lot of branches. That's all. No regrets here. My life has been mostly great but I had to work hard on it, believe me.

The two sentences highlighted in bold have, and always will be , a part of life in the Collegiate World . But for the past 20 years or more, Almost anybody can get a student loan to continue there interests in any field they feel they want to pursue. That's nice. But I knew a guy that had a 70,000.00 student loan to pay back. And he got hired to do a job I with no loan was more capable of doing than him.

I would've liked to work for NASA for sure. And that was a dream when I was 12.

I'm laughing right now thinking how different my life would've been. :p WOW.

Sorry for the rambling !

I still LOVE science though !
    I like seeing this. Never to old to learn are we.

qrzkuwmf8igq.png
    Yup, named after Lord Kelvin -- he's a big hero in my line of work.
    I am not technically a thermodynamicist, but (if I do say so myself) I know more about thermodynamics than your average biochemist :p

sshhdy4m7jn1.png
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,537
    Tony M wrote: »
    Never to old to learn are we.
    Well then, here you go. (see image below) :p Also, your question should be followed by a question mark. And not a space followed by a question mark, but a question mark immediately after the last word in your sentence. See? And a comma after "learn" would be nice. Thanks. :p

irri0uyuit6b.jpg

I think what your saying is that we learned him real goodly -- but, you know, not to goodly. That be wierd.