Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,478
    This one is for you Mr. H.
    Tower Hill Botanical Garden Xmas Light Display in Boylston
    r80q40r85i7c.jpg

Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,478
    41s6f4vymphz.jpg
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,308
    Nice, thanks.
    There's a place up here called LaSalette Shrine (Enfield NH) with a pretty outrageous light display. Not quite sure of the tie-in of a religious shrine & scads of holiday lights... but it's cool by me.
    http://www.lasaletteofenfield.org/
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• obieoneobieone Posts: 5,008
    Dirty Harry's

cq04r5ayfn8f.png
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,450
    ^^^^^
    One's a handgun, the other is a doomsday nightmare for whom ever it is firing at. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,468
    Tony M wrote: »
    ^^^^^
    One's a handgun, the other is a doomsday nightmare for whom ever it is firing at. :D

Are referring to the Prince or to the machine he flies? ;)
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,281
    695vp391xe1f.jpg
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • mrbigbluelightmrbigbluelight Posts: 7,281
    16 circles

0qy2eyaevy0b.jpg
    MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,946
    Polkaguy58 wrote: »
    2npz4o3xr1ue.jpg
    A friend found this old gutted radio on the side of the road and I just couldn't throw it away could I ?
    So I turned it into a Faux TV, complete with The Beatles on it.
    The knobs are period correct and came from my stash of parts.

Throw a raspberry Pi computer + touchscreen and DAC in it and make it a streamer :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Polkaguy58Polkaguy58 Posts: 281
    Your speaking french to this guy I'm afraid.
    I've never owned anything more complex than a flip phone and I don't even use that much.
    My home phone is a 1963 rotary model that's been in my family since I was a kid.
    I watch tv from a home brew antenna that picks up about 23 free channels on a good day.
    The Compact Disc is still my go to audio source, though I do have a home built iHelmet for my bike.
    Guess I'm just an old dog who doesn't like to learn new tricks.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 601
    63a94f1b804b109575fc34a9d56605b8.gif
    Bedroom 2 channel: NAD C316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Audioquest Bedrock & King Cobra, Kimber Kable Tonik
    HT: Onkyo HT-RC360, Athena Micra 6
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,945
    Mike - you have a beautiful family.

Thank you (and Sandy and Geri) for opening your home to us and sharing the wonderful home-cooked meal Thanksgiving weekend! Your hospitality and company was top notch.
    24034763507_f2aefac399_b.jpgDSC_9969 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

27123272659_699596d5d7_b.jpgDSC_9961 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

This time of year, twilight lasts like 2 minutes ;)

Length of daylight now is about 9 hours :(

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    :o

cyq1gw3j7nvh.jpg
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,606
    scubalab wrote: »
    Mike - you have a beautiful family.

Thank you (and Sandy and Geri) for opening your home to us and sharing the wonderful home-cooked meal Thanksgiving weekend! Your hospitality and company was top notch.

Hey Al,

Thanks! Our pleasure. We always enjoy the company of Deb, Katie, Kara and yourself. Since this is now a tradition, our goal is to get you guys here for the actual Thanksgiving dinner. Our young ladies can be the entertainment since they have the perfect complement of instruments for a string trio.

Main 2CH: Wadia 301 CDP | MacBook Air | PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen Level IV mods | Bluenote Bellavista turntable with Boston Audio Design "The Mat 1", B5 Signature Arm and DV-20X2H | The Clamp | PS Audio GCPH phono preamp | PS Audio GCP-200 preamp with external PS | Innersound active crossover/bass amp | Sanders Sound ESL panel amp | SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub | Innersound Eros MK III Hybrid ESL speakers horizontally bi-amped | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 Power Plant | All cabling MIT Shotgun S1 | GIK acoustic treatments

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg

Me, with a hand carved rabbit guitar that a customer of mine hand carved out of walnut.

This photo could supplant this one for posts on incongruity across the internet ;)

iavbib8rbuyh.png

... and I am just not gonna say anything about that goat photo :neutral:

PS Polkaguy58, is it possible that you and Stereophile's Art Dudley are twins separated at birth?

:neutral:

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg
    joonad7yb4n0.png

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

... and I am just not gonna say anything about that goat photo :neutral:

Just wait until you hear what that goat said about you! :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • Polkaguy58Polkaguy58 Posts: 281
    edited December 8
    PS Polkaguy58, is it possible that you and Stereophile's Art Dudley are twins separated at birth?

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg
    joonad7yb4n0.png

Only if he was born without legs too......(heh heh)
    My dad was kind of a ladies man, so who knows ?

edited December 9

hmv38ktuzplb.jpg
    joonad7yb4n0.png

Only if he was born without legs too......(heh heh)
    My dad was kind of a ladies man, so who knows ?

well -- I didn't say identical twins ;)

a99xyaux70t1.jpg

wow.

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,606
    Sunset down here where the sun spends the winter....

8lb3ydk5omdb.jpg

Main 2CH: Wadia 301 CDP | MacBook Air | PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen Level IV mods | Bluenote Bellavista turntable with Boston Audio Design "The Mat 1", B5 Signature Arm and DV-20X2H | The Clamp | PS Audio GCPH phono preamp | PS Audio GCP-200 preamp with external PS | Innersound active crossover/bass amp | Sanders Sound ESL panel amp | SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub | Innersound Eros MK III Hybrid ESL speakers horizontally bi-amped | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 Power Plant | All cabling MIT Shotgun S1 | GIK acoustic treatments

Sunset down here where the sun spends the winter....

8lb3ydk5omdb.jpg

:) nice...

Yeah, we get like 15 minutes of wan sunlight per day this time of year up here near the arctic circle... now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta gather up the seal pelts and go barter for some dinner...