Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,450
    Fantastic !

You shop like a guy I know. He shops for Mercedes Benz's. He buys for himself and friends. He will take a flight , just like you're doing, to where the cars are. Then he drives them back.

He said he LOVES doing it.

That's so cool. I know of 2 people who are willing to do that . B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,307
    edited November 28
    Tony M wrote: »
    Fantastic !

You shop like a guy I know. He shops for Mercedes Benz's. He buys for himself and friends. He will take a flight , just like you're doing, to where the cars are. Then he drives them back.

He said he LOVES doing it.

That's so cool. I know of 2 people who are willing to do that . B)

We go to church with a family in which the husband has a business buying, restoring & selling interesting European cars.

Went to church Easter morning this past spring & this was parked out front :/

noyuzvxi8xzn.png

His wife, interestingly, drives an old-ish CR-V -- presumably by choice. :)

Actually, quite a few gearheads at our church. Note the Woody in the background :)
    A retired dermatologist (from Dartmouth medical school) drives this in the nice weather; he is the second owner (bought it in the 1950s when he was in med school in Massachusetts).

28683057113_91088486a3_b.jpgDSC_5676 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

That's so cool.

Your own church car club. :p
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    Yeah -- the only problem with living in Northern NH is that the cool cars get put away (pretty much have to be) for about half the year :|
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

6k7qrrh8060p.png

A Frankenaltec in the gloaming...

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    That's so cool.

Or a car club with it's own church. Praise be to big blocks and Holly 4 barrel double pumpers. lol
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    tonyb wrote: »

Or a car club with it's own church. Praise be to big blocks and Holly 4 barrel double pumpers. lol

And Edelbrock intake manifolds. Would Hooker headers be allowed, though? :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
    Yup, that's why it's there . ;)
    The Mary Magdalene of Hooker (Headers).

• tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 231

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now!"
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
    That's so cool.

ALL HAIL THE DOMINATOR!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • TNTsTunesTNTsTunes Posts: 514
    Viking64 wrote: »

And Edelbrock intake manifolds. Would Hooker headers be allowed, though? :p

I wonder if it's ok to be blown???
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    HA...lots to praise in the church of American muscle cars.....where laying something isn't frowned on, like rubber.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Here at some pics of my outdoor white trees and the wreath above the man-cave's porch during the day today. They light up the drive and wreath looks like it's floating up in the air . A neighbor 7 doors up the street can see it. She likes to see the wreath !

I also put a pic of some Japanese Maples in my yard and my neighbor's Japanese Maple behind me. I spotted it from the end of my drive way today. It was ON FIRE !!
    What a RED.

awyoytm3r5ej.jpg
    uiplh6ymq4ny.jpg
    vqyg245kntxy.jpg
    5l9nb0138k4s.jpg
    i32ixcm7i32o.jpg
    av33vioq1b1x.jpg
    wfgeg7lgbmfa.jpg
    xn7ma0slxiu5.jpg
  • MalbecMalbec Posts: 415
    ya just knew how this was going end.

9l2qhd8ieqbq.gif
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,606
    Bull - 1
    Red Pants Guy - 0

Main 2CH: Wadia 301 CDP | MacBook Air | PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen Level IV mods | Bluenote Bellavista turntable with Boston Audio Design "The Mat 1", B5 Signature Arm and DV-20X2H | The Clamp | PS Audio GCPH phono preamp | PS Audio GCP-200 preamp with external PS | Innersound active crossover/bass amp | Sanders Sound ESL panel amp | SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub | Innersound Eros MK III Hybrid ESL speakers horizontally bi-amped | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 Power Plant | All cabling MIT Shotgun S1 | GIK acoustic treatments

edited December 2
    He probably said to his friend...

"Here, hold my beer for minute, I'll be right back. " :#

I think the bull head butted him. I think if the bull had used a horn, the man would have met his maker. :s

I also noticed how SLOW his buddy got off the fence and how slowly he was walking to help his knocked out friend. :/
    AND THE OTHER GUY LEANING ON THE FENCE DOES"NT MOVE AT ALL !! heartless !
    edited December 2
    Malbec wrote: »
    ya just knew how this was going end.

9l2qhd8ieqbq.gif

Almost the same thing happened to me when I was 12 years old.
    Visiting my cousins, we went past a farm. They dared me to cross a small bull's pen. I said heck NO. They said , don't worry the bull is slow. So like an idiot, I hopped the fence and started running to the other side.

Just like in the video above, THE BULL WAS FAST !!! It almost got me !
    I was a fast runner back then, thank GOD !

I made it over to the other fence with 2' or less to spare. Really !
    I was pissed and my 2 cousins were laughing their heads off. I couldn't take on the 2 so I had to just be thankful to GOD I was alive .
    I had a somewhat similar run-in with a ram once -- fortunately, they pack a lot less oompf.

mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I had a somewhat similar run-in with a ram once -- fortunately, they pack a lot less oompf.

Were you drinking ?
    edited December 2
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Were you drinking ?

No. It's a funny story -- and not embarrassing in any... embarrassing way. ;)

We bought our property in NH from a guy who kept some sheep on it. He asked if he could continue to keep sheep on it for a year or so after we closed on the property, and we said "sure" -- so he did. No problem.

Many years ago, when the kids were still pretty young, we were visiting the property on a crisp fall day. At the time, there were two ewes and a ram "boarding" here.
    The ewes were vaguely interested in us. The ram stood off to one side, kind of snorting. City slickers that we were (are), we didn't quite grasp the significance.

Eventually, when I wasn't looking, the ram drew a bead on me and butted me. Ouch.

Long story short, before we beat a fairly hasty retreat, I got butted twice. Second time wasn't so bad, since I knew it was coming.

Later, we told the story to some friends in Harvard who had a good sized farm and kept sheep. Our friend Marie laughed and said that when a ram tries to butt, all one has to do is grab it by the horns and lift up. Apparently they don't have a lot of strength in whatever muscles it would take to wrest their heads away from such a grip.

No, I haven't subsequently tried it. :/

brhbb9567ym1.png
    Sir Paul McCartney, demonstrating proper ram-handling technique.

I actually have some film photographs of the sheep in question from that day -- if I stumble across 'em, I'll scan 'em and share. Now I can look back and laugh ;)

That would be a trip down memory lane if you can find the pics. Funny story.

I wish I had a pic. of that bull pen and that BIG A** bull that came after me. I almost died ... :#
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,478
    edited December 2
    Just after sunrise from the tree stand this morning...
    i7jpjvo6x1k3.jpg
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    gorgeous.

Any luck?

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,478
    Nada...ill get my out of state NH license and shoot from your kitchen window...ya dig ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,936
    yps82qdnnuuh.jpeg
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,606
    just before sunset in the creek...

rh0rgvg6povk.jpg

B)

Main 2CH: Wadia 301 CDP | MacBook Air | PS Audio Digital Link III DAC with Cullen Level IV mods | Bluenote Bellavista turntable with Boston Audio Design "The Mat 1", B5 Signature Arm and DV-20X2H | The Clamp | PS Audio GCPH phono preamp | PS Audio GCP-200 preamp with external PS | Innersound active crossover/bass amp | Sanders Sound ESL panel amp | SVS PB12-Ultra/2 sub | Innersound Eros MK III Hybrid ESL speakers horizontally bi-amped | PS Audio PerfectWave P3 Power Plant | All cabling MIT Shotgun S1 | GIK acoustic treatments