Comments

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 496
    fbmcfi1i8f28.jpg
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,098
    Lord Vader couldn't subdue her, but the (peri-) Halloween Storm of 2017 did :(

0paytznlxbgg.png

Fortunately, she was our only casualty overnight. Many in the Northeast, apparently, haven't been so lucky. :(

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,408
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Fortunately, she was our only casualty overnight. Many in the Northeast, apparently, haven't been so lucky. :(
    I ain't gots no powa, man!
    The constant hum of wind, branches breaking, and driven rain hitting the house kept the family up all night. The funny part is, i had about a dozen (36-48") pieces of unsecured vinyl siding next to the house. Assumed i would find them scattered throughout the yard/neighborhood. All pieces present and accounted for. Victory!

Damn good thing i mowed the leaves on Friday afternoon...couldn't even see the grass this morning after the damage assessment stroll, early this morning.
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    edited October 30
    Heh, we had guys installin' (more) solar panels on our garage roof all weekend; they managed to finish before it got intense.

tr16k5ceovq1.png
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

I live smack-dab in the middle of one of the worst-hit parts of Vermont. The wind was so intense that when it woke me up, the house was shaking so badly, I thought it was an earthquake.

There is no electrical power at home, so I came to my mother's house until it is restored. Now everybody can make "mother's basement" jokes about me for the next few days, even though she doesn't have a basement. :p
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,362
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I live smack-dab in the middle of one of the worst-hit parts of Vermont. The wind was so intense that when it woke me up, the house was shaking so badly, I thought it was an earthquake.

There is no electrical power at home, so I came to my mother's house until it is restored. Now everybody can make "mother's basement" jokes about me for the next few days, even though she doesn't have a basement. :p

OK you asked for it

You're probably sleeping in the cradle next to her bed
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    She fill your sippy with warm milk
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

OK you asked for it

You're probably sleeping in the cradle next to her bed

I'm not allowed to sleep in the cradle ever since I soaked my diaper with asparagus pee.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    edited October 30
    Then off to the pea-pea pad for u

and bring your own woobie
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Then off to the pea-pea pad for u

and bring your own woobie
    Okay, "sippy" I kinda figured-out, but "woobie"? I'm lost. HAHAHA
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 738
    Pacifier, or sometimes blanket.
    woobie is a blankie
    This reminds me of why I'm so glad I don't have kids. :D
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp

VPR said 70,000 folks without power yesterday -- to say nothing of the cows.

;)

• Moose68BashMoose68Bash Posts: 3,442

Where would you be if your mother had felt the same way?
    Family Room, PS Audio PW Transport, DirectStream DAC; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 MKII Pre; AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps or CAT 600.2 Dualmono Amp, Morrow SP7 Speaker Cables, SDA SRS 1.2tls (RD0198s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: "The Abbot" Monastery-Level Xovers, Custom Internal Wiring, Binding Post Plates, & SDA ICs).

Exercise Room, Wadia 171 iPod Dock, PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC, AQ Sky XLRs, Perreaux SM6 Preamp, AQ King Cobra RCAs, Perreaux PMF3150 Amp, Dreadnought, Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables, SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers).

Synology 713+ NAS on Gigabit LAN serving PW MkII DAC & DirectStream DAC.

Happier.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,408

Happier.

You get power yet? Was talking with a lumber mill in Bristol, VT this morning. He said VT was declared a disaster. Don't know how much that is true but rolled with it ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    mrbiron wrote: »
    You get power yet? Was talking with a lumber mill in Bristol, VT this morning. He said VT was declared a disaster. Don't know how much that is true but rolled with it ;)
    Not yet. It will probably be a few more days as I live out in the sticks. :p

Considering how sparsely populated Vermont is and how many people were affected, it was quite a storm. In my town, there was close to 90% of the residents without power yesterday. They are slowly getting things back here and there.

I went to that lumber mill in Bristol when I was in grade school back in the late 70's. They let each of us step in the kiln for a few seconds. That was long enough. :o

Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,572
    j38dkeuqrt75.jpg
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,572
    c024bn3dwe3m.jpg
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,486
    Sorry Rich, but....

d4ygvis46q9j.png
    Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
    In learning how to give love, how to receive it
    And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
    Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

Psychedelic Shack...

That's where it's at.

• scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,932
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    j38dkeuqrt75.jpg

I think there's two turntables and a microphone in that box...
    scubalab wrote: »
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    j38dkeuqrt75.jpg

I think there's two turntables and a microphone in that box...

doubtless.

I hope it's not this camera lens...

8efsle0aixik.png

https://www.diyphotography.net/photographers-lens-smashed-pieces-shipped-buyer/

:(

• BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,486
    Look like pachinko speakers to me.
    Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
    In learning how to give love, how to receive it
    And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
    Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

Look like pachinko speakers to me.

I had the same thought!
    be afraid, be very afraid...

;)

For any of us that think that the cars of today all look more or less the same...
    I guess it was even worse in the late 1930s :blush:

vlihc2h78n4s.png

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,850

And we too are so glad you don't have kids.... B)
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,819
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    For any of us that think that the cars of today all look more or less the same...
    I guess it was even worse in the late 1930s :blush:

vlihc2h78n4s.png

Thats a whole lot of sexy on a page.... Cars today dont look that awesome, unless you buy one of those super pricey ones.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)