Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• GatecrasherGatecrasher Posts: 1,596
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    gbeicswhzgok.jpg

I've been drooling over these!

It looks like you really went all-out on them. It even looks like you used all-new stainless BHCS as a finishing touch. Awesome right down to the smallest detail! I bet Matt Polk is impressed too.

It's an inspiration to my own Polk restoration project coming up here in a few months. Now that I have all of my SRT drivers rebuilt and fully functional, I plan to remove all of the components and restore all of the woodwork on the cabinetry. I want to make them better than they were new. High-end furniture grade.

I also want to upgrade the amps with audiophile capacitors, and am also looking into replacing some of the other components with higher-quality parts too.

If I were you I'd never sell those bad boys. Way too nice to ever part with and an awesome piece of Polk Audio history.

POLK AUDIO SRT
    (Signature Reference Theater)

2rqdrna.jpg s6k686.jpg 11rgneu.jpg
    SRT 10.2 SYSTEM
    (4) SRT Subs & Satellites
    (2) SRT Center Speakers
    (2) SRT Control Centers w/Remote
    (4) f/x1000 Surrounds
    (2) PSW650 Subs
    Pioneer Elite SC-09TX AVR
    Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD Blu-Ray
    Pioneer Elite BDP-33FD Blu-Ray (Region-Free)
    Custom HTPC w/Multi-Lane SATA Hot-Swapable Drive RAID Tower
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 14,814
    edited June 16
    voltz wrote: »
    True &That is why I bought it, I wanted something that would sit up high like a truck (hate cars) was small and easy to drive & handle and park since it would be mainly a vehicle to drive to work and trips ;)

plus its 33+ mpg made my Trip to Dallas nice, and I love how when going down a big hill with the wind at my back it would say your averaging 40 mpg your averaging 44 mpg etc.. B)

We feel about the same way, but we're one notch up on the size -- I have an (older) RAV4, and Mrs. H, a 2016 CR-V. The latter is happy to return 30-32 mpg in the kind of driving she does (which I think is pretty respectable; it's virtually as good as the mileage her '05 Escape Hybrid got, and the Honda's nicer and superior in every way to the Escape).

The RAV4 (an '06) tends to get about 25-27 mpg in similar driving
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,650
    3mxk31azk3gx.jpg
    xa53srbiltyq.jpg
    yog8ew6snrkm.jpg
    3sppe5zun522.jpg

"Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

• Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,650
    I took this one near Canandaigua NY in the summer of 2015.

4povhp2mq702.jpg
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,510
    edited June 17
    f8omqfol1s5o.jpg
    This makes for a happy Fathers day :p

phu2opkls3qs.jpg

o9xr9efchyc0.jpg

My score today RT55i pair. They have typical small blemishes on bottom and a couple scratches but look darn nice.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 802
    Beautiful day in Omaha at the College World Series. View from my seat. Florida St. vs. Cal St. Fullerton.
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,886
    ^^^That nice pattern in the grass looks like my lawn!

Oh wait... no it doesn't.

Great pic - have fun man!
  • Msabot1Msabot1 Posts: 1,847
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Tedeschi Trucks Band
    e452dhe60a9w.jpg
    h5xd6teqog2x.jpg
    dysi3h07pjbd.jpg

That group is one of only a half a dozen that I would pay good money to see live..very good in a venue such as that...
  • jeremymarcinkojeremymarcinko Posts: 2,721
    Rains a coming hgojxntugovs.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • StewStew Posts: 633
    They grow up so fast

2yppnn95v3y0.jpg
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
    edited June 20
    ^^^ very cute family/families!

Herewith, the view from the septic field (leach field) :) the day before the Solstice (i.e., as good as it gets in Northern NH). This is our only "long view".

35305924151_3ccec74886_b.jpgDSC_8512 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
    34625583563_8a53ece284_b.jpgDSC_8513 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

These are "as taken", the only "trick" was the use of a CP filter. Gorgeous late afternoon here today.

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• StewStew Posts: 633
    Beautiful view! And a very green patch of grass.
    SDA 2B-TL (Sonicap/Solen/Mills, Erse Super Q, Rings, Spikes, No-Rez)
    1000VA Dreadnought
    Dared SL-2000a (Siemens & Halske TM 12AT7WA's, Brimar 5Z4G)
    Jolida JD-100a (Sylvania BP TM Gold Brand 5751's), NAD C275BEE, Blue Jeans

RTiA3, Onkyo TX-SR605
    It's as good as it gets here this time of year -- and 15-1/2 hours of daylight here today (the solstice)!

... but we pay for it in December :(

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,155
    LOL...cute
    Falls down and runs to momma
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,616
    hrmx11r4eifz.jpg
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,326
    ^^^^^this is a man comfortable in his own skin!
    ;)
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
    Well it's summertime nothing wrong with alcohpop
    It went over yous' guys head.....Zima was out long ago, and back for a limited release

They'll probably release the original "California Cooler" some day too....1985
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    I knew that it was and is made by coors and still sold in japan. Limited release here in the states this summer. Made from about 93 to early 2000's iirc
  • John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,616
    edited June 22
    I bought it because I was a bit too young to know what it tasted like when it was out originally.

By itself, it tastes like zhit. We'll toss some Jolly Ranchers or gummy bears in the next bottle.
    Zima throwback! That is too funny -- that means that Yugo II, the AMC Pacer reboot, and hipster leisure suits are right around the corner!

;)

• mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,326
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Zima throwback! That is too funny -- that means that Yugo II, the AMC Pacer reboot, and hipster leisure suits are right around the corner!

;)

Great.....now AIDS will be on the rise again.
    Were Typhoid Fever or Cholera hot buttons as well or am i dating myself with knowledge from the Oregon Trail?
    Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65, Bryston BDA-2, Cheap TT, PS Audio UPC200, PS Audio AC3's, Zu Mission SC's, HTPC, One, Bottlehead Reduction & Crack w/Speedball
  • scubalabscubalab Posts: 1,886
    Don't know why, but this CL ad made me LOL...

97rij85q4yau.jpg
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,323
    dqq4b6zwpamg.jpg

This crew was squawking at me at the local Target this a.m. They were probably announcing their intent to make a deposit on my truck. Sort of reminds me of the thug life version of a Bob Marley tune.

I believe they are Nanday parakeets (subject to review by an birders here).
    Whether in a time of gifts or colors turning pale
    Some must go astray while others shall prevail
    Taking one bolder step may not be free of pain
    But all the pieces will fit together just the same

dqq4b6zwpamg.jpg

This crew was squawking at me at the local Target this a.m. They were probably announcing their intent to make a deposit on my truck. Sort of reminds me of the thug life version of a Bob Marley tune.

I believe they are Nanday parakeets (subject to review by an birders here).

where is this?
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,323
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    where is this?

Southwest Florida.

Whether in a time of gifts or colors turning pale
    Some must go astray while others shall prevail
    Taking one bolder step may not be free of pain
    But all the pieces will fit together just the same

So those must be refugees

Like the Eurasian dove
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,758
    Deka Lake British Columbia Canada, awesome views!

vs36ihzydl71.jpg
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.