new grills

eaadams
eaadams Posts: 213
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Is there anyway to get or make new grill covers with a different color than that awefull black. I was thinking of trying to make some that are silver to better match my WEGA.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    This is a tough one. You can't really paint the fabric grilles, even spray paint will look like... Paint on fabric.

Maybe someone here will have some ideas (they're full of em, sometimes they even have something to do with the thread topic!), but I tend to think that you may be stuck with black fabric grilles.

Any takers?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2001
    ....dye.....

Might cause the fabric to breakdown though.....

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited August 2001
    Hi:

You used to be able to buy spray paint for car upholstery at auto parts stores. It was made for fabric and did not have the build up normal spray paint has. Try that.

Gary:o
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2001
    You might be able to get an upholstery shop or something like that to make them......

However, I think that a poorly done job is going to look worse than what you have now. I kind of like the contrast, seems to work for the Raiders.....

Al Davis
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut